Solved

tips request - anything I should do in case phone gets lost / stops working?

• 23 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello hive mind ….

I’ve had a browse through the forums but can’t find anything definitive. We’re setting off on Sunday with our passes and trips on one phone. Just planning for the worst I;m wondering if there’s anything I should do in case the phone gets lost / stolen / broken and I need somehow to activate the pass on a different phone.

Similarly, is there ever an issue, I wonder, where there is no intenet connection. (Should I, for example, be saving the QR code pages as screenshots / pdfs).

Has anyone had experience of this and wishes they’d carried numbers / screenshots etc with them…

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 23 September 2022, 15:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If your phone breaks or gets stolen you need to get in touch with Customer Support so that they can disconnect the pass from the broken/stolen phone. It is important to inform Customer Support about the pass number and that you are currently travelling  (if you are that).

You are not allowed to show the QR code as a screen shot but the pass works for 3 days without Internet connection. At least every 72 hours the pass needs to be connected to the Internet. 

Maybe print out the order confirmation with the pass number visible, and some notes about your itinerary. It doesn’t constitute a ticket but it might just persuade a train conductor that you’re not trying it on.

One phone though for more than one person? 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Firstly stop worrying about maybe’s.

Your app needs to access to internet every couple of days but can be operated without access to Internet. So just make sure if you are in a wi-fi area or have inexpensive data on your phone you access it. Start the app and it will check and update in the background.

The next thing is obvious - protect the master phone with simple practices - protective cover, don’t leave it on display and keep charged.

In the event you lose your phone make sure you have a second phone with the app installed. Also make sure you have a record of your pass details and the contact e-mail or website link for customer services.

Immediately contact them and include travelling now and your pass numbers in the title. They will then remove your passes and you will be able to add them to your second phone.

It is strongly advised that you do not load trains from your trip into your pass in advance in case you want to cancel a travel day.

It is highly unlikely that a print out of your QR code would be acceptable, especially if you change trains. The pass displays the full ticket details (Dep and arrival stations and time) to complement the QR code  It would also be easy to copy and hand over to many friends.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Maybe print out the order confirmation with the pass number visible, and some notes about your itinerary. It doesn’t constitute a ticket but it might just persuade a train conductor that you’re not trying it on.

One phone though for more than one person? 🤔

We are a couple and always put both passes on the one phone. Only one to protect and use for displays etc.

Easy to copy trains to both trips at the same time.

If 2 phones then losing either stops the travels for us anyway.

Thanks everyone!