Solved

Train from York to Edinburgh

• 19 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone,

In april/ may I am going to England for 2 weeks with a few friends. we have bought an interrail pas for 5 days traveling within a month. At the moment we are looking at trains between York and Edinburgh. Before we bought the passes, we saw that the trains we wanted, were included in the interrail pass. But after we bought the passes, it says that the train reservations couldn't be made on the interrail website. Does this mean that we have to book the trains apart from interrail? 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 19 February 2023, 16:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Domestic trains in UK apart from sleeper trains do not require reservations, you can board any train with your pass and take any unoccupied or unreserved seat (seat reservations are displayed above seats on those trains that have them).

If you wish to reserve seats you can do that for free at any manned UK station or online at www.lner.co.uk for that company only or by registering an account at www.gwr.com for all train companies.

Domestic trains in UK apart from sleeper trains do not require reservations, you can board any train with your pass and take any unoccupied or unreserved seat (seat reservations are displayed above seats on those trains that have them).

If you wish to reserve seats you can do that for free at any manned UK station or online at www.lner.co.uk for that company only or by registering an account at www.gwr.com for all train companies.

I just reserved seats through www.gwr.com! does the global interrail pas count as the tickets in this case? Or do I need to buy something extra?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I just reserved seats through www.gwr.com! does the global interrail pas count as the tickets in this case? Or do I need to buy something extra?

Your pass is the ticket which is valid for travel, any reservations you get are to accompany that. In the case of countries/services where reservations are non-compulsory such as UK, all they are for is to give you priority over the marked seat.

You may notice that often reserved seats are not occupied, this is not unusual for various reasons. It is also the case that if you don’t like your allocated seats you are not required to stay in them, you can move to any other unreserved seats if you prefer them.

Your pass is the ticket which is valid for travel, any reservations you get are to accompany that. In the case of countries/services where reservations are non-compulsory such as UK, all they are for is to give you priority over the marked seat.

You may notice that often reserved seats are not occupied, this is not unusual for various reasons. It is also the case that if you don’t like your allocated seats you are not required to stay in them, you can move to any other unreserved seats if you prefer them.

thank you for responding!