Solved

Trips on website different than trips on app

When I log in to the website, there is a single “My eurail trip” under my trips. On the railplanner app I created 2 trips with different names.

How do I get the trips to be the same on the website and on the app? I want to be sure the reservations I am adding through the website are going to the trip I am using on the app.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 25 April 2022, 12:12

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The app is offline and does not get many updates, only about once a month. I suppose the website is updated more often but I'm not sure. I don't use either to plan. National websites are more reliable and up to date and for international planning, the Deutsche Bahn website or DB Navigator app is good.

As to your reservations: they do not go into the app. Reservations are completely separate from the app. You can also make reservations in many other places (websites, ticket offices, travel agents, etc.) so the app wouldn't know about them.

When I use the website to book a reservation, I am asked to choose a trip. Does this not matter then?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you check the details of this trip, you should see yourself, with pass details and possibly other people you have added. It is probably a good idea that these details are correct.

Until now however, I've always made my reservations elsewhere and avoided Eurail's extra booking fees and postage fees.

Hi there

I’m having this same problem and I’m still unclear on what to do. For example: Eurostar is asking me to make a reservation through the Interrail reservation service. To do this, I must choose a trip (as per OP’s post above). Only the automatically generated one is available to me, which is completely different from what I see in the app. Does it not matter at all that the trip on my app which I have to use to get my QR code each day is completely disconnected from the one I’m booking reservations through? And @Nanja is there any way to get the two to sync for convenience? Thanks in advance!

elaine 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is hardly any synchronisation between the trip online and in your app. I recently noticed that activation of the pass will also appear online. I'm not sure if there's any other synchronisation. In any case, any journeys you added in the app will not appear online. And any reservations you made online will not appear in the app. So I think you shouldn't worry too much.

Ok thanks so much @rvdborgt ! Will just make sure I have both parts good to go. Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just to confirm, rvdborgt is right @Elaineemily. At this moment there is no synchronization between the trip in the app and the trip on the website. So it does not matter that the trip in your app which is used to get the QR code is not connected to booking reservations. The reservations you make will not appear in the app, so you will be just fine. 
We do recognize there is a need to have this synchronization, having one and the same trip on all our platforms, for a better experience. It is on our roadmap but as quite some development is needed it will take some time.  

I planned my first trip via the app on 8th of july… When I want to book a reservation for the same day via my account, it says, my pass is not valid at that date… How to resolve that if there´s no connection between the trips on app and account???

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I planned my first trip via the app on 8th of july… When I want to book a reservation for the same day via my account, it says, my pass is not valid at that date… How to resolve that if there´s no connection between the trips on app and account???

What does it say about your pass validity if you look in your trip in your account?

Additionally, if you specify the train you'd like to book (origin, destination, date, departure time), then it's possible to suggest alternative ways of booking.

after 10 minutes of waiting I could book a reservation… But WOW: You need atleast an app, an account and sometimes printed reservations… That´s really sad!

how do you want to convince young people who can´t spell the word “printer” anymore to go on a interrail trip???

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Printing a reservation is often not required (although it often a good idea for a night train).

Interrail is also available on paper, also from the DB ticket office, and then you don't need any app. You can book reservations anywhere you like (elsewhere is often cheaper by the way); you don't need an Interrail account for that.