Solved

Unable to add trip to travel day

• 7 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello

I am hoping for a speedy reply to the following problem as I will be travelling in a few hours.

I got my Mobile Pass activated on my smartphone fine a few days ago. I added a trip to the first travel day just fine.

It is my second travel day tomorrow (actually today, as I now spent hours over midnight to resolve this, unsuccessfully) and I am unable to add a trip to the travel day. Therefore, my pass remains unusable for my journey in just a few hours.

In another post I read to:

» go to the "My Trip" section. There you click the + button and then select "Connect a Pass to this trip". «

But when I do this, I only get an option to add a Paper Pass but not the Mobile Pass I got registered and visible under MyPass.

This happens regardless whether I am offline or online or restart the app or the smartphone. I am pretty much at my wits end and wonder what the conductor will charge me when I can't present a valid ticket.

I could do with an answer URGENTLY !

icon

Best answer by j.neff 7 July 2021, 01:34

View original

4 replies

Hello again

I just had another go and managed to solve this problem myself. I am posting the solution here so that another poor soul tearing their hair out about this will hopefully be spared the wait for an answer.

The problem was that I had created several trips under MyTrip with the intention to have one trip per travel day.

As it turned out, you can have only ONE trip attached to ONE Mobile Pass. So ALL journeys done on ALL days of one Mobile Pass need to be saved in a SINGLE trip.

I am not sure whether this makes sense but that is how it worked for me.

Regardless, this was the first and the last time I bought a Mobile Pass. A piece of paper is hard to beat on reliability and certainty to work when required.

Good luck and safe travels.

We are having the same problem.  If I understand you correctly, the entire month of travel (with separate journeys on travel days) should be under one huge trip?  Right now, aside from our first trip, all other separate trips/journeys are not being recognized/connected. I’ll see if it works if I drop the individual trips and make them one big one.  Very frustrating and confusing!

@Susan Hurley-Glowa 

Yes, that’s exactly what I meant.

It is not too bad as journeys within that single Trip are arranged by date and time. It just is confusing because the app allows you to create several trips as if you could have one trip per travel day.

Good luck.

Can i plan one trip to italy and after coming home plan another to elsewhere with the continuing pass? I can't go on travelling for 2 months. I have to decide today of i buy the pass. thanx for answer!