Hi everyone! I am from Indonesia. 3 of us (incl a 16 yo child) will visit Europe next June-July, for around 3 weeks. The trip will be start from Italy (Rome, Florence, Pisa, Venice, Milan, Cinque Terre), all the way to Switzerland (we do not know yet which cities will be visitied, but most probably Lugano, Lucerne, Interlaken), Germany (Munich, Frankfurt, Heidelberg, Cologne, Hamburg, Berlin), and Austria (Innsbruck, Salzburg). We will be flying home from Munich.
So, here are my questions:
- Is it better for us to have Eurorail Global Pass for the entire trip or selected days only (flexible pass) or just go with buying individual train ticket on the spot/website? Because there will be several days we spend in one country only, for example 5-6 nights in Italy.
- Just now I checked the ticket for OBB Nightjet, the rate for adding discount as Eurorail holder and no discount is the same. I wonder why. We plan to have overnight train from Innsbruck/Munich to Hamburg.
- If I just make the train reservation where we are there, after landing in Rome, is it too late? So that the itinerary is already fixed by then.
- 16 yo child ticket is a youth ticket, is it right?
- Should I better buy the Eurorail for 1 person first, and buy 2 tickets later when we are there already in Rome? Because I read in this community that we need code number for booking the train.
Those would be all the questions for now. Thank you so much in advance.
Apologize if I have so many questions.
Best answer by AngeloView original