Solved

Using EURail app for discount benefits

• 7 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I have a valid EURail Mobile Pass on the app. I have the following questions about using the discount benefit while in Switzerland:

1. For the Luzern boat and Rigi Train 50% discount benefit, do I need to log it in the planner app and use up a travel day? If not, what page in the app do I need to show when purchasing the ticket?
  2. Similar to the first question, what do I need to show for the discount ticket to Jungfraujoch?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 7 November 2022, 14:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Just show the page of the activated pass. Go to “My Pass”, click on your active pass of that moment and show that if they ask. You don’t need to show the ticket/qr-code.

It’s the page with your name, booking reference, validity period, used travel days,...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

To receive the discount you need to show that you have a valid pass in the app when you buy the tickets. You don't need to use a travel day if you only get a discount. 

Thanks for the information!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Also note that in this region off-season there are frequently other special offers that may work out even cheaper as half fare of sky-high normal. Often they include complete round tours (like to Rigi up and down via 2 different rails)

Thanks for the tip! I will double check if there are other better offers when I buy the ticket.