Solved

Which country I should pick as the Country of Residence ?

Hey. 
I am Turkish but I have been in Sweden for couple months for educational purposes and I am buying my interrail global pass from Sweden. While buying my interrail pass, what country I should pick as the Country of Residence? Normally, I am from Turkey but I am in Sweden now, I am buying the ticket from Sweden and I have Swedish residence permit and I will be doing my trip with this residence permit because my Turkish ID doesn’t grant me access to Schengen countries and it is  until the end of June. So what should I do ? 

icon

Best answer by Sebastian Emil Sørensen 9 May 2022, 12:41

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

You should select Sweden when you have a official residency permit. But bring it on board, so you can show te ticket.

You should select Sweden when you have a official residency permit. But bring it on board, so you can show te ticket.

Does it make any difference if I pick Turkey or Sweden ? Do you have information about this ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Does it make any difference if I pick Turkey or Sweden ? Do you have information about this ? 

I assume that you will buy a global pass. You only have two travel days in your country of residence so if you pick Sweden you can travel for 2 days, to and from the border, in Sweden but travel as much as you like in Turkey and all other countries included.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yes it makes a difference about in-/outbound trips.
If they check your documents and see from your passport that you have a Swedish education visa in there but put as country of residence “Turkey”, you might face serious problems (pass taken away, fine for traveling without a ticket). So if you have a residency permit for Sweden, then you have to put Sweden in there if you want to avoid any trouble.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I assume that you will buy a global pass. You only have two travel days in your country of residence so if you pick Sweden you can travel for 2 days, to and from the border, in Sweden but travel as much as you like in Turkey and all other countries included.

It is not possible to “pick” a country of residence. Country of residence is where you are living. In this case above explained it would be Sweden.

I am planning to buy 1 month global pass. I have swedish residence permit card till end of the June. I will start from Sweden but end my trip on Turkey. I have Turkish Id and Passport and a swedish student residence permit card. In my passport there are no visa or anything.

I was planning to go back to Turkey with interrail trains after I finish my trip. The problem of choosing starts for me when I am out of Schengen Area cause the only way of going back to turkey is my Swedish Residence permit cause I cannot enter Romania or Bulgaria without it.

I am not going to use Interrail Trains anyhow in Turkey. Cause after I am in Turkey I don’t need interrail.

Well it would be better for me If I could travel a much as I like In Sweden rather Than Turkey. I only need to go back to Turkey with a train. I dont need more trains in Turkey.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

The country of residence you select for the interrail ticket has nothing to do with Schengen.

For interrail you select Sweden, for border control you can use your passport.

Is your residency permit valid throughout the whole journey? If not, please contact Interrail’s support for assistance. I don’t know what you should select if your permit stops in the middle of your journey.

The country of residence you select for the interrail ticket has nothing to do with Schengen.

For interrail you select Sweden, for border control you can use your passport.

Is your residency permit valid throughout the whole journey? If not, please contact Interrail’s support for assistance. I don’t know what you should select if your permit stops in the middle of your journey.

It is valid until 19th of June. I will be at Turkey before 19th, so it is valid. I will leave Sweden for good. My adress wil be no longer valid when I leave Sweden 26th of May. But I will still have the right to be a resident in Sweden. Shortly, I will buy the ticket in Sweden but I will leave Sweden and wont come back after my trip.

That is why I am not sure about choosing Sweden or Turkey.