Solved

Which Eurail Pass is best? 2nd Class Luggage Storage?

• 2 October 2022
  • 6 replies

• Right on track
  • 4 replies

Hello!

I have two enquiries:

1. If travelling 15+ "travel days" spread out over the span of 2 months via different countries within Europe + different cities/regions within those countries. Would the 2 Month Eurail Global Pass be best?

2. In 2nd Class, are there generally luggage compartments/areas to store luggage? Or is this only in 1st Class? 

Thanks so much in advance!

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 2 October 2022, 10:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello!

1. if you only use trains 15 days, it would be perfect a 15 days in 2 month pass. But it does not exist. Only 10 days in 2 months. The good thing abou the 2 months continues pass, is that you could use it also when you are not getting to the next destination but to get to a near city/town or sometimes you can use suburban trains in the city, so you don't need to pay for public transport (underground/metro, bus and trams are not included in the pass, but like in Berlin you can use the S-Bahn.)

2. no something like that doesn't exist. You have to take with you and put the luggage under or over your seat, or there are luggage ranks in the carriage. Here a good overview how it works in Europe: https://www.seat61.com/luggage-on-european-trains.htm 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello!

1. if you only use trains 15 days, it would be perfect a 15 days in 2 month pass. But it does not exist.

It does exist a 15 day in 2 months Eurail pass. @Angelo 

https://www.eurail.com/en/pass-details/descriptions-new/15-days-in-2-months

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

1. if you only use trains 15 days, it would be perfect a 15 days in 2 month pass. But it does not exist.

It does exist :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I checked the eurail website, and there was a gap between 10d in 2m and 1m cont., because 15d in 2m was in the top as most popular. Sorry.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

In my opinion somebody travelling on such a major journey will need a significant budget and a great deal of flexibility. Therefore the continuous pass is a no-brainer, for about an extra 200 euro 

I would also suggest first class for a further 200 euros or so on either pass - Only about 10 euro per travel day. 

I have just finished with a 10 day 2 month pass where I planned all 10 days to the last long distance second and  buying cheap day tickets for local runs,.

Circumstances meant a major change which would only need 8 days of the planned usage so had 2 days using the 2 travel days for local hop-on hop-off trips. No need to worry about buying many tickets at a few euros or even medium distance day trips on ICE and IC type trains.

Exanples of day trips from a base such as Munich would be Nuremberg, Strasbourg, Vienna,

From Cannes you coud do Marseilles, Nice and Monte Carlo.

This has the advantage of leaving luggage in a base for a few days and even special multi-day rates in hotels or apartments. There is always a good selection of accommodation near mainline stations for early starts and late finishes

Thank you everyone for your help :)