Solved

Why is adding a delayed earlier train to the pass not possible?

• 6 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Travelling around Germany last week, I found myself in the situation where I was able to catch an earlier train than planned as it was delayed.

Adding the journey to my mobile pass however was quite a hassle as it resulted in an error message saying something like “it looks like you're still on another train”. As a result it was impossible to add the respective train without removing the train I arrived on from my pass first.

Although I understand why the error message appeared (I arrived in Hamm on a train with arrival at 16.24 hrs, the train I changed to originally would have departed at 16.20 hrs so in theory this was an impossible change), I don't understand why there is no option at all to override that error and add the train anyway

In this case I ended up in first removing the train I arrived on from my pass, then adding the delayed train I took. And after disembarking at my destination doing the whole thing in reverse again to fix the gap in the statistics again.
Shouldn't this be much easier, as especially German trains can have significant delays enabling this quite frequently. (I actually almost caught another train being more than 2 hours late, that one would have been even more complicated to add)

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 August 2023, 16:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I reported this 2 years ago but apparently Eurail don't see it as a problem because you can enter your journey manually and then the app doesn't complain about overlapping journeys.

Why is this topic marked as solved when nothing has been solved?