Solved

Writing down the journeys in the Paper Pass when traveling with multiple connections.

Greetings everyone from Romania! :) 

First of all apologies if the title isn’t too explicit or if a similar question has been asked previously --- tried to find it on own but I couldn’t. 

Now the question I have: got myself a global pass & from what I’ve read in the user guide I have to note down my journeys. I want to do this the old-fashioned way to keep the vibe. 

However I don’t understand how should I proceed if during one travel day I change one or more trains. 
Do I have to write each train separately? Let's say I go from Budapest to Prague via Linz. 

I go into that journal & add like this: Budapest - Linz → new line → Linz - Prague, right? 

Does it the same apply to the inbound / outbound journeys? For example Bucharest → Brasov → new line → Brasov → Budapest?

Thank you all for your help! :) 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 5 July 2022, 16:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes, every time you change trains you are expected to enter the journey you intend to make on that train as a new line.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And you can download extra lines here.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The reason is important.

When you post your completed travel diary back to Eurail, it uses the information to decide what ‘cut’ (percentage) of revenue each rail operator receives. 

It also has a better idea (from its HQ) of which trains are most popular with Eurailers, especially the unreserved trains, as not everyone uses a mobile pass.  Many (like me) prefer a traditional Paper Eurailpass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The reason is important.

When you post your completed travel diary back to Eurail, it uses the information to decide what ‘cut’ (percentage) of revenue each rail operator receives. 

@Traveller749 

This is not done any more. Eurail only uses the information from the mobile passes to divide the revenue between the rail operators.