Solved

Wrong country of residence

Hello,

Last week i started my interrail trip from Vienna - city of residence - to Stuttgart. I was using one of my inbounds/outbounds and everything was fine so far. Today I tried to book my trains to France and realized that the country of residence, mentioned on my pass is Germany - maybe cause I have German id, but just living here for summer -. Is there any chance to change the county of residence after already activating the pass? Would be really helpful cause I planned Germany as the spot where I will start all my travels.

thanks

icon

Best answer by Nanja 13 July 2021, 14:55

View original

46 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, if you have entered the number of your German ID in the check out, this is the one showing on your Pass as your country of residence. 

Unfortunately we can't update your country of residence after you've purchased the Pass. This can only be done by ordering a new Pass with the correct country of residence and requesting a refund for your old Pass (a Pass exchange).

If you have already used your inbound and outbound trip for travel in Germany, you will need to purchase point-to-point tickets for the rest of the trips in Germany. Enjoy the rest of your trip :relaxed:

Thanks Nanja for your fast answer.

I am a bit confused because Germany is not my country of residence even though I have to pay for all the trips, when crossing the border to Germany - i pay for a trip that should have been for free…

Is there really no chance to change it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Unfortunately it can't be changed

Hello,

Is there a direct number we can call?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Mikael, we do not have a phonenumber. You can get in touch with our Customer Support by submitting your question here

Hello,

I have the same problem (wrong country of residence on Pass) and I sent a message to customer service, using the above link, a week ago but I still haven’t received help. I will be traveling in France, my supposed “country of residence” soon and I don’t know what to do if I cannot use my pass to travel there!

Kelly

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, it has been flagged. They will get back to you today, at the soonest possible moment. Cheers, 

Thank you Nanja.

Hello , i have exactly the same issue. I did a booking for my girlfriend and myself and her residence is not correct. I emailed the customer service two weeks ago and im still waiting for an answer. We are traveling in 5 days , Can you please help ? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Via Twitter or Facebook i had always the fastest contact to the Customer Service :)

I also have the same problem 

I have not yet added an outbound journey but would like to do it soon! My country of residence is as Germany but I am here only for the winter

Is there a quick solution for the same?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, unfortunately we can't update your country of residence after you've purchased the Pass. This can only be done by ordering a new Pass with the correct country of residence and requesting a refund for your old Pass (a Pass exchange).

Moderator note: this message has been modified

Hi - I bought a pass for me, my husband ant three children. Our first train leave in 18 hours and we just realised that the wrong country of residence (Belgium) is marked on our pass. My husband and three children are German citizens, I am a German resident. Is it possible to change our country of residence asap? Thank you! We need to catch a train at 6.20pm on Thursday the 24th of March, 2022 (I mean… today!!!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You will need to do a pass exchange, but if it's a paper pass, it's already too late to change or ask for a refund it, since your first day of validity would be today. If you bought it from Interrail, you can still ask customer service of course what the possibilities are but I'm not sure if there's much they can do. If you bought it from Deutsche Bahn, then go to the DB ticket office with your German proof of residency and see if they can do anything.

If you're not coming to Belgium, then there's not really a problem, as long as your name, birthdate and passport/ID card number match with what's on the pass.

I have the same problem: the country of residence was autofilled based on my nationality. I need to begin my journey through the country of my nationality today. I’ve contacted Customer Support, and, since I work as journalist, I’ve contacted the press office too, but received no response so far. May I please ask you if there’s a way to get my request flagged and resolved today? 

Best,
Yegór Osipov-Gipsh

Hello,I am residing in Turkey. But I came to Germany with the Erasmus program and I am living here until October 2022. My permanent residence is in Turkey. Right now, I will take advantage of the 50% discount of the interrail pass and buy a ticket where I can travel unlimited for a month. I will start my journey in Germany and finish it in Germany. Is this a problem? In the ticket information, it is said that there is only one right to go and one return to the country of residence. In this case, if I start from Germany, can I use it once in Germany? Do I have to start my trip from Turkey?

@kelbel1201 Did they change your country of residence after you activated your pass?

I have also problem of choosing wrong country of residence and I have activated my pass. I am still waiting a response from Customer Service.

I have also mistakenly bought adult ticket since I was so close to becoming 28 years old and I also paid some extra but I have still a few months to become 28 years old. 

@Cennet 

Ikametini Turkiye olarak belirleyebilirsin yoksa diger turlu almanyada rahat gezemezsin.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@kelbel1201 Did they change your country of residence after you activated your pass?

I have also problem of choosing wrong country of residence and I have activated my pass. I am still waiting a response from Customer Service.

I have read in the document where it says it is only possible to change pass details after activation through appsupport@interrail.eu but I did not get any reply yet in 3 days.

I have also mistakenly bought adult ticket since I was so close to becoming 28 years old and I also paid some extra but I have still a few months to become 28 years old. 

If the pass is NOT activated, then Customer Support can (=incorrect, see moderator note below) change the country of residence so you need to deactivate you pass.

You can contact Customer Support through this form:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Moderator note: In any case (activated or not) the country of residence cannot be changed, you'll need to request an exchange - see my reply above.

I have unfortunately activated and used my pass on the first day but I am not able to use it anymore because the country of residence in my pass is the country that I wanted to travel in. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have the same problem: the country of residence was autofilled based on my nationality.

I cannot reproduce that. The country of residence is always unselected, showing "select a country” when you first get to the traveller details step.

Hey, i have the same problem and i send a email more than 1 month ago... i was exchange student in switzerland but my stay abroad is finished... my residence is in germany but while buying the pass one month ago, i used my adress in switzerland... i want to start my trip on wednesday... so im asking for help as soon as possible :) ! Thanks in advance!!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Cengizhan Bektas 

Did you contact Customer Support through this form and ask for help? Did you write clearly what date you plan to start travelling,

Customer Support is currently overloaded with request so it is important to let Customer Support know what date your travel will start so that they can prioritise your request correctly.

@Cengizhan Bektas

Did you contact Customer Support through this form and ask for help? Did you write clearly what date you plan to start travelling,

Customer Support is currently overloaded with request so it is important to let Customer Support know what date your travel will start so that they can prioritise your request correctly.

Yes, i did it twice! First one was one month ago even i was really clearly i didnt get any feedback yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Cengizhan Bektas

Yes, i did it twice! First one was one month ago even i was really clearly i didnt get any feedback yet. 

@Cengizhan Bektas Then I would say that you need to fill in the form again and be very clear about what day you plan to start travelling. Also mention that you have contacted Customer Support earlier.