Solved

Wrong residence on the Pass

• Rail rookie
  • 1 reply

Hello Interrail Community!

My name is Minaa, and I bought a continuous interrail ticket a few weeks ago. While filling in my details, I put in my parent's adress in Switzerland (my Nationality is also Swiss) but I am actually living in the Netherlands since 2 years already. So my initial outbound journey is from - and my final inbound journey is to the Netherlands. I will be travelling really soon, so I contacted the customer service 2 weeks ago, but I still don't have an answer (and the pass has not been activated yet). Will it be possible to change this soon? 

Thanks a looot in advance!

icon

Best answer by Nanja 11 August 2022, 10:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So I assume du hast noch immer eine Schwyzer Reisepass?

IN your ´home´country you are only allowed 2 days of travel (for OUT and IN). If you can live with that, you can simply let it be. No conductor will go and ask if you actually live not in that country-this  can (not necessarily will) of course happen if this is different.

IF not, then indeed only the serviceteam can settle this-there is a special form for that and you MUST indicate for which date is should be settled-they are very busy and try to work in that order. And likely as CH you will know that tickets there cost an awful lot of frankeli and thus conductors will indeed see official proof that you do not live in the land of Heidi & mountains.

Hey Thanks for your answer, it’s very useful!
I do need to travel more than once in the land of Heidi :/

I already submitted a request with customer support, but I did not mention the departure date. Should I submit again? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I already submitted a request with customer support, but I did not mention the departure date. Should I submit again? 

That's probably best. Mention an exact date. Saying it's "urgent” doesn’t help either because people have very different opinions about what that means.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Unfortunately we can't update your country of residence after you've purchased the Pass. This can only be done by ordering a new Pass with the correct country of residence and requesting a refund for your old Pass (a Pass exchange).