Beta Test

Join us for another round of Beta Testing: Win 2 Free Passes and Help Us Improve our Rail Planner App

Join us for another round of Beta Testing: Win 2 Free Passes and Help Us Improve our Rail Planner App
Userlevel 5
Badge +4

We’re back with another round of Beta Testing! Sign up now for a chance to win 2x Interrail/Eurail Global Passes for 7 travel days within 1 month (2nd class).​

This time around we are adding real-time data to our timetable. This means that we'll provide you with more up-to-date information like delays and platform updates as they happen in real time. We’ll also be adding updates about train cancellations and disruptions to the timetable very soon so that you’re always prepared for surprises on your journey. ​

We strive to provide accurate timetable information through our Railplanner App, which relies on data from railway carriers. As a result, some timetable details may not always be precise. Your feedback is crucial in helping us improve this information. All you need to do is try out the timetable in the app as you plan your trip or travel with your Pass, and then share your feedback with us.​

To get started: download the dedicated Beta testing app and start planning your trip using the timetable. Then continue to use the Beta testing app on your Interrail/Eurail trip. After you sign up, we’ll send you a survey on July 26th. By sharing your feedback through the survey, you’ll automatically enter into our giveaway for those 2 free Passes! There will be 2 winners and we will announce them in the week of 22d of August 🎉   ​

Did you participate in our previous test? We'd love to welcome you back, so don't hesitate to sign up again. By doing so, you'll double your chances to win! You can continue using the same Beta Testing app as before; there's no need to re-download it.​

👀 Stay tuned to this section for updates. We'll post an update here when new features are added to the Beta App and announce when the survey link has been sent out.

Sign-up for the test, here. Next download the test app – find the instructions for downloading the test app on iOS and Android below 👇 

Join the Beta program on iOS:

Requirements: iPhone or iPad with iOS / iPadOS 15.0 or newer  

Step 1: Download TestFlight from the App store

Your default browser will open one of these pages 👇

If the 1st page opens then go ahead and follow Apple’s instructions. 
If the 2nd page opens please try tapping on the open button or try again later. 

Step 2. Download and install TestFlight on your device and then click on “Start testing” under Join the Beta for our app 

Step 3.You will then be able to see the beta version of our app in TestFlight.   

Step 4. While using the app to plan your journeys, you can send us feedback directly from TestFlight or from the application. 

• TestFlight: tap on the app, then tap on “Send Beta Feedback”  
  • App: “More” tab -> Give us feedback

Step 5. Go to your app settings and enable error logging. 

Step 6. Tapping on the Rail Planner app in Testflight reveals additional options, such as notifications about the Beta version and automatic updates. We recommend selecting both of these options.  

Step 7. You will receive a survey link in your email. Only by filling in your feedback in this survey will you be able to enter the Pass giveaway.  

Leave Beta Program on iOS 

Simply download the non-Beta version from the App Store. 

Join Beta program on Google Play 

Step 1. To open the Rail Planner app page on Google Play Store on your Android device, you can follow either of these two options: 

• Click on the Google Play Store link for our app

• Manually open the Google Play Store app on your device, and search for “Rail Planner”

Step 2. Scroll down a bit, find “Join the Beta” section, and click on “Join”. 

Step 3. Confirm the Beta program. 

Step 4. After a few minutes, you will receive the update from Google Play Store. Update the app to install the Beta version. 

Step 5. You will receive a survey link in your email. Only by filling in your feedback in this survey will you be able to enter the Pass giveaway.  

Leave Beta Program on Google Play 

Please note that if you want to use the official Rail Planner App you will need to leave the Beta Program.

Step 1. To open the Rail Planner app page on Google Play Store on your Android device, you can follow either of these two options: 

• Click on the Google Play Store link for our app

• Manually open Google Play Store app on your device, and search for “Rail Planner” 

Step 2. Scroll down a bit, find “You’re a Beta tester” section, and click on “Leave”. 

Step 3. Confirm by clicking on “Leave” again. 

Step 4. Wait for a few minutes until Google Play removes your account from the Beta program. 

Step 5. Uninstall and install the Rail Planner app again. 

Share feedback for the android app

You can share your feedback while using the beta test app in three ways:

1.  By writing a review in the Google Play Store page for the app 👇

1. In the app – click on the “More” tab and then use the “Give us feedback” option
  2. By turning on error logging in the app: This allows the app to directly share feedback everytime it encounters a technical error. and include their deviceID in their feedback For this, go to the top right “More” tab in the app, click on the Settings page, scroll to the bottom of the page and turn on “Enable error logging”. You will then see your Device ID there which will be shared with us during error logging.

​

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I use the Beta Version App for my travel?​

A: Yes, you can. Passes can be redeemed as normal and can be used like a regular Pass.​

​

Q: Will it be possible to have both Beta Version App and Regular (Non-Beta) Rail Planner App at the same time on my device?​

A: No, you can only have 1 App at the time on your phone, either the Beta Version App or Regular (Non-Beta version) Rail Planner App. ​

​

Q: If I install the beta version and then go back to the non-beta version, will an active pass still be in the app? Will my previous trips and passes still be in the app?​

A: Yes. Passes and trips are linked to your device, not the app. So after a re-install, they will be synced in the app as soon as your phone connects to the internet.​

​

Q: How can I leave the beta test?​

A: For IOS, simply download the non-Beta version from the App Store​​
​For Android, ​in the store page, leave the beta program, uninstall the Beta test app and​ install the original (non-beta) rail planner app.

25 replies

Badge

The text says: “There will be 2 winners and we will announce them on June 1st.”

I think the date is wrong. What is the correct date?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Thanks @Benedikt - that was indeed a mistake. The correct date is July 31st. I updated the post as well. 

After updating the Android app today (now on version 40.14.0.beta), it can’t find any stations and trains while the device is online. I remember this also happened in the previous beta versions.

As soon as I enable Airplane mode, the app works fine (with offline information obviously).

What if I didn't receive any email for the survey?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@markc thanks for bringing this to our attention! A fix was applied in the backend yesterday at around 16:30. Are you still having this issue? 

@Sarah W Issue is solved now.

Another (minor) point that catches my eye: I would say the chevrons for Earlier and Later are pointing the wrong way in the planning overview.

Hi, thanks for this.

- Re. point #2 under FAQs, does that mean we must REMOVE the original (i.e. non-Beta) app? (I can see both apps on my device have all the info. on our activated passes and saved journeys).

- Since we’ll be travelling when the test period ends, should I continue using the Beta version or remove that and reinstall the original (hopefully with everything still in there as noted)?

TIA.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's the regular or the beta app. If you download the beta app, then it will replace the non-beta app.

It's the regular or the beta app. If you download the beta app, then it will replace the non-beta app.

Perfect, so no need to do anything. Thank you very much.

@Sarah W Not getting the survey link to email after filling the form. Tried few times. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Sarah W Not getting the survey link to email after filling the form. Tried few times. 

I guess that the survey will come in some weeks. You need to have time to test the Railplanner-app thoroughly before filling in the survey. 

Got it, thanks @AnnaB 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@bjohny The survey link will indeed be sent out at a later date. Thanks for testing! 

Need help … TestFlight is asking me for a redeem code to access. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Dschcamp I sent you a direct message

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I have downloaded and installed the app, and I have signed up to the test (possibly more than once).

Am I correct in thinking that the testing is actually “use the app as normal”, or is there any particular area we are supposed to look at, test out, or focus on?

Are there any release notes or instructions outlining what is new or improved?  I’m only asking because after talking to the Interrail folks before there were several functions already in the app that I didn’t spot or realise were there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Am I correct in thinking that the testing is actually “use the app as normal”, or is there any particular area we are supposed to look at, test out, or focus on?

"This time around we are adding real-time data to our timetable.”

So that would be an area to pay attention to.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Thanks for that rvdborgt.  If this function works correctly then it will certainly add massively to the utility of the app.  I normally use it primarily for traveling (just as a place to hold my ticket) and do my planning elsewhere, but if this will let me see current status when I’m trying to rebook it would be awesome.

There was this one time on EC7 when the train went down the normal side of the Rhine, then reversed back to Cologne and then back down the other side.  I sure could have done with real time data then.

Dear developer team,

I guess I found a bug in the beta version. I'm using an Samsung Galaxy S10 with Android 12 and App Version 41.0.1 beta.

I added trains to an upcoming trip (not linked to pass already) and I found all stations. Once I used the button "+ eine weitere Fahrt hinzufügen" (in english I guess "+ add annother ride") below the last train of a day, the app always shows "Leider können wir keine Züge finden, die zu deiner Fahrt passen" (In english I guess "Unfortunately we cannot find any trains, which fits your ride"). I can fix this bug by turn airplane mode on and off again oder restart my smartphone. I cannot fix it by closing and restart the app completely.

Best regards, Justus

Badge +2

Hello I applied to take part of the survey but when I downloaded TestFlight on iOS it asks for an “invitation code” to be able to test the app. Could you share the code ?

Thanks for your time,

Giannis

Badge +2

Hello I applied to take part of the survey but when I downloaded TestFlight on iOS it asks for an “invitation code” to be able to test the app. Could you share the code ?

Thanks for your time,

Giannis

Never mind I found it 😅

Badge

I still haven't received a link to the survey. When will it be sent?

Hi! I still havent got my email but i also found a glitch.

I typed two stations for my trip [Madrid City (Spain) and Valencia City (Spain)] then i wanted to search train stations in Barcelona and I pressed “view on map” but i couldnt find any stations. I cannot fix it by closing the app.

Edit: spelling

Hi! I have signed up but not yet received the link to the survey which was supported so be sent out Monday.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Good morning all,

The survey for this second round of beta testing will be shared today. We'd love to hear your feedback. The winner will be contacted in the weekend of the 22nd of August! 

Good luck and thank you for your Feedback!