Product Update

Pass holders can now book seat reservations in Norway online!

Pass holders can now book seat reservations in Norway online!
Userlevel 5
Badge +3

We've got some great news for you: booking seat reservations in Norway just got a whole lot easier! Thanks to Entur's updated reservation system, Eurail/Interrail Pass holders can now book seat reservations online.🎉

So if you're planning a trip to Norway and want to book your seat reservations, you're in luck! The process is now much simpler than before. Just follow the instructions provided here and you'll be good to go!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

So many good news within a few days… 😍 Keep the good work up!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thanks @MartinM! We’re happy to hear that you are also excited about these updates. Do you have any trips planned to Norway or Spain planned? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Spain for October ;-) Norway probably May/June 2024 again :D.

For me personally it is not such a big deal as I’m lucky to live not far away from ticket offices which can make reservations for Spain and know about the Entur chat reservation possibility. But for first time interrail users this is a big deal and makes things (hopefully) a lot easier for them, if they can book it directly with interrail! So thumbs up for that :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

But for first time interrail users this is a big deal and makes things (hopefully) a lot easier for them, if they can book it directly with interrail!

It's actually directly on the Entur website (not via chat).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yeah, still there’s a direct link from interrail to the booking website I suppose which makes things easier + no extra fee like e.g. for Spain.

We've got some great news for you: booking seat reservations in Norway just got a whole lot easier! Thanks to Entur's updated reservation system, Eurail/Interrail Pass holders can now book seat reservations online.🎉

So if you're planning a trip to Norway and want to book your seat reservations, you're in luck! The process is now much simpler than before. Just follow the instructions provided here and you'll be good to go!

Actually it doesn't work at all. Even when I did fill out the passcode or change te dates it gives me this error. Due to this I am stuck in a city with no place to stay (because all trains are fully booked up till next week) or I have to take a bus for like 8hs (which I will probably do) which is expensive and probably not refundable. Any clue how to get this refunded? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Try to make short journeys (example Bergen - Myrdal, Myrdal - Geilo, Geilo - Oslo). This will surely give more results.

You can also go to the train station. Try as well to talk to the ticket inspector on the platform. They're generally very helpful and may allow you to stay in the restaurant car if you don't find an untaken seat for example.

Try to make short journeys (example Bergen - Myrdal, Myrdal - Geilo, Geilo - Oslo). This will surely give more results.

You can also go to the train station. Try as well to talk to the ticket inspector on the platform. They're generally very helpful and may allow you to stay in the restaurant car if you don't find an untaken seat for example.

The short journeys are also with the same train, it shows that it stops in the small cities aswell.

And we went to the train station to check but they just said that it was full and there is nothing they can do for us :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The short journeys are also with the same train, it shows that it stops in the small cities aswell.

Yeah but thats the trick :) eg. there are passengeres from A to B and B to C  and A to C 
sometimes it looks like there are no seats anymore but if you split the Journey you still get one :) 
as you use then between A & B seats that are reserved by someone else B to C :) 
And you change then for B to C to seats there were used by someboldy else A to B :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And we went to the train station to check but they just said that it was full and there is nothing they can do for us :(

If you want help, then please tell us: route, date, class, number of persons. And the best is usually to open a separate topic for your own questions. But @seewulf 's hint is a good one.

One year ago I thought I had the same problem and I waited for the train to arrive, asked the train conductor and he told me there were some seats available  giving me the number of the car I should get on.