15 day in 2 months pass. Advice/tips?

• 18 January 2022
  • 1 reply

I am planning to travel to eastern europa with 2 friends with the 15 days in 2 months pass, is there anything i need to now? 
i start from the Netherlands

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wat had je dan willen weten?

1.check carefully what trains are included: in RO, PL and now also CZ NOT all trains accept IR. For the baltics is pretty useless-very few trains and no interconnections.

In PL for IC/PKP-RO/all fast trains and for IC in HU you must make reservations-these cost very little or are free, best at a staffed counter. Also for the yellow private RegioJet trains between CZ-SK-HU.

2.many shorter trips IN these countries cost so little that a pass cost more per day. F.e. in CZ with junior pass or student pass pay only 25% of full fare. BUT in PL many students will tell you its half price-its NOT for you-only when you study in PL!

3.do make yourself familiair with all the entry-regulations re covid-some are pretty lax, other want you-and they check that- to make online pre-entry notification and there are also much more strict rules as in NL for wearing masks-what type and when-and again they do check that or kick you out (also quite shocking for some young dutchies).

4.the further you go into the Balkans-the more useless trains are. NO INternational connections, nr of trains few and far, old dilapidated stock. Locals prefer to go by bus-or even more in their own car