A small Spring excursion for me.

• 25 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tomorrow i start my first longer Journey by Rail of the year through Europe after few daytrips in the first weeks :D

as our second unoffical Eurail Interrail meetup in late January with @runner.on.rails@Steven Soto, Christian, Arwed in Switzerland. Nighttrain Berlin - Switzerland - Meetup and afterwards Nighttrain back to Berlin.

I start from Berlin to Poznan to ride on the last regular Steam service on Standard Gauge between Poznan & Wolstzyn 🙂 afterwards further to Warsaw (my base for 4 Nights) Timetable of the steamtrains in German
Then i will explore some polish branch lines.

After my 4th Night i start from Warsaw to Prague to catch the Nighttrain to Zürich :D
to explore then many scenic Routes in Switzerland and northern Italy 🙂 for the next 6days.

On the 9th of March i start the EC Transalpin from Zürich to Leoben and further to Vienna.

In Vienna i met some friends and relax in the City and ofcourse on some trains arround Vienna & Bratislava before catching 3Nights later several Eurocity´s (to explore the different dinning cars :D) From Vienna via Breclav, Prague, Dresden back home to Berlin. 

Maybe  we see us on the trains or the stations. (I am usually more the shy type)

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have fun :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Gute Reise, un viel GLúck mit dieser Dampf-Ross.

War auch damit auf eine frühere IR-reise-wenn alles noch PKP war und sogar eine andere IR-Gruppe auch gleichzeitig mitreiste.

Schon das neue HBF von Poznan angeschaut? Ganz neben zur alte kleinere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Gute Reise, un viel GLúck mit dieser Dampf-Ross. 

Thanks all worked ontime :) just 2 weekends left for  steam train to Poznan atleast till November (The Route will be renewed) 

War auch damit auf eine frühere IR-reise-wenn alles noch PKP war und sogar eine andere IR-Gruppe auch gleichzeitig mitreiste.

Is now a private company but i can use them with my offer (Iam not sure about Eurail/Interrail) 

Schon das neue HBF von Poznan angeschaut? Ganz neben zur alte kleinere.

Yeah arrived ar the new 

Steam train started from the Old one 

And finally catched the train to Warsaw from the new station. 

On the way to Warsaw my base for the next days :) 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Good luck :)

Where do you go in Northern Italy?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Good luck :)

Where do you go in Northern Italy?

Tirano - Milan & Locarno - Domodossola 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

So no south Tyrol :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

So no south Tyrol :/

not this time :) but Bozen,Meran, Mals are stil on the list for a new visit :)