Solved

Best train route from Paris to Rome

• 11 April 2022
  • 7 replies

HI

I will be travelling from Paris to Rome using my Eurorail Global Pass 1st class. I would like to know which trains are included in this pass to Travel from Paris to Rome 

icon

Best answer by flycatcher 11 April 2022, 11:50

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are no more direct trains since many yrs-which means you have to change somewhere.

ALL trains are included, except the brand new direct Italian run Paris-MiIlano, in competition with trains from SNCF. As a very rough rule you can assume all the big state-run national railways, that coöperate on INTern. links, are included.-except then this odd exception

JUst use any of the dozens of travelplanners-as you likely ant to use pass more, that of bahn.de (=german railways) is often praized as best, as it covers nearly all of EUR, that of eurail itself is not often updated enough). But planner of Eurail will, of course, only show trains included.

As most of the lines between the 2 are the superfast hi-speed, these trains require also a REServation-and this often forms the stumbleblock for many forum-users.

For a better advice on how/what tell more: do you want only the fastest, want overnight, the sight-see route=via Swiss and how much time you can spare for it

Hi

Thanks for your prompt reply.

In fact it shows TGV 9241 INOUI From Paris Gare De Lyon to Milano P.Garibaldi & FR 9639 from Milano Centrale to Roma Termini, but really getting confused whether the Global Eurail pass is valid for this travel.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In fact it shows TGV 9241 INOUI From Paris Gare De Lyon to Milano P.Garibaldi & FR 9639 from Milano Centrale to Roma Termini, but really getting confused whether the Global Eurail pass is valid for this travel.

You pass is valid.

Badge

The interrail pass is not valid on the Trenitalia, Frecciarossa, Milan - Paris route.

Ok but my pass is Eurail Global pass, so is valid ? On Rail planner app , it shows as VALID 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok but my pass is Eurail Global pass, so is valid ? On Rail planner app , it shows as VALID 

On the trains you mentioned, your pass is valid. You will need to make reservations for them.

Badge

The pass is valid on the SNCF TGVs Paris -Milan route, but not the Trenitalia Frecciarossa.