Exploring Neuchatel Area

• 1 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello Travellovers

Due to restrictions I couldn’t do my Albania Trip in May, which caused me to explore my homecountry Switzerland instead. I thought I have seen almost all, but was nicely surpriced, that there are still many places left to discover. Join my journey to the Neuchatel Jura:

We decided to make Le Locle our basis for daytrips.

Canton of Neuchatel has a nice guest card which will use you for free public transport (busses and trains), and offer some coupons for a free shipride, free museum entries, free chairlift ride, etc.

Lac des Brenets — the ship brings you from Les Brenets to Saut du Doubs where you can take a little walk to see a nice waterfall. Unfortunately, the good viewing place is on the french side which we couldn’t enter due to travel restrictions. The ship is included in the mentioned guest card, and Lac des Brenets is more like a beautiful gorge than a lake.
Creaux du Van — one of the best known nature attractions in Romandy. Reachable by 2 hours hiking from Noiraigue.
From Creaux du Van there is also a great view down the valley and you can even see lake Biel!
In Buttes there is a little two persons chairlift, which leads you to some starting points of hiking routes.
View from the endpoint of the chairlift.
A shipride is always nice  — Lake Neuchâtel
There is also a funicular.
With nice view from its top.
And they also have some interurban trams.

We have been a few days there, but there are still somethings left to discover, for example the mountain chasseral — so, for sure we will come back!

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thanks for sharing your experience and the beautiful photos!