Solved

Ferry from Bari (Italy) to Bar (Albania)

• 27 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Does any company run a ferry from Bari to Bar? I want to travel this route in September 2023. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Hektor 27 January 2023, 19:15

View original

8 replies

Used to be Jadrolinija. 

But the company didn't publish international timetables yet except for Ancona to Split. Their other routings (to Zadar and to Dubrovnik is also not yet confirmed) are expected to be published in the next few weeks.

Last year it's been every tuesday from june to november. So it may be the same this year. But unfortunately, you'll still have to wait to confirm this. 

(To Albania, there is a daily ferry from Bari to Durrës operated by GNV (if you’d like to go there and not to Bar).)

Kind regards, Hektor. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

https://www.jadrolinija.hr/en/home are the only operator I am aware of and they only serve the route part of the year.

I see no schedules for anything other than Split - Ancona at present, perhaps it will restart for the summer season, you might need to contact them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Bar is in Montenegro and not in Albania

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you Hektor and Al G! Patience is a virtue… I may end up going to Durres, of course.

And thank you for the correction, Angelo! All these backbreaking hours of research have been softening my brain..

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Bar is in Montenegro and not in Albania

I assume @Hektor knows that and just wanted to show spare Route if the weekly sailing is not on the correct day :/ Dürres is not far from Bar and there are few Buses to Montenegro from there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If you simply use dr google there will be a dozen or so general ferry-booking sites spewn out-use these to get an idea what routes are running-as always and also for planes: then try to book direct by that ferry. DO realise that nowadays quite a few are reluctant to take or do not take at all foot-pax without a car. Also then its easy to see if another IT port may offer a link.

Connections from Bar into ALB are not that good, as I remember, but that was from quite long ago now (just 2 minibuses/day)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks everybody! I’ll keep my fingers crossed and it will all turn out OK in the end. (It always does, even when it doesn’t!)

Userlevel 1
Badge

It’s good to be back on the Forum! Hi Seewulf, you have been so helpful to me in the past!