From Vilnius to Poland

• 6 January 2022
  • 5 replies

• Right on track
  • 4 replies

Hi, I start an Europe tour with interrail

since December until February 2022…and because the bad connections between trains and the absence of informations and itinerary in the application interrail, I already payed 3 bus to cross the Baltic country…did you know how can I contact interail customer services and request for a refund ? I already payed 500€ and now I’m paying the supplement for all the bus..it’s not fear !!!

thank you

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can contact customer service here, although I'm not sure why you should be reimbursed if the rail planner app is incomplete or operators don't run trains where you would like them.

In addition, you shouldn't use the rail planner app to make plans with. It doesn't get enough updates to be reliable. Instead, use the operators’ own websites and apps and the DB planner or DB Navigator app for international planning. Further, some trains are still not running because of the COVID crisis, such as the one connecting Poland and Lithuania.

Also, as you've noticed, some railways don't send their timetables to the European Timetable Centre so this app (or the DB planner) can't include them. The app warns about this, partially, if you tap on "About the timetable”, which appears on the planner start screen.

@Nanja, this overview of countries with incomplete or missing timetables is not complete. It should also mention Latvia, Spain and Northern Ireland.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can use LuxExpress to save atleast some money as they give a 20% discount on standard seats :) https://benefitsportal.eurail.com/benefits/lux-express/

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi rvdborgt, which overview do you mean? Can you let me know the link or where to find it, so that I can have a look. Thanks, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi rvdborgt, which overview do you mean? Can you let me know the link or where to find it, so that I can have a look. Thanks, 

In the app, go to the the planner start screen (tap on "Clear all” if there are results) and then click on "About the timetable”. Page down a bit and then there's a list of countries that "may be missing some timetable information” with links to websites.

Come to think of it, Italy should also be on this list, since all regional trains in Emilia-Romagna are  missing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

FYI, Spain, Italy and Greece have been added to that list as well on 10/05/22 (sorry for the delay in notifying)