My experience so far

• 2 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 14 replies

Just a few quick comments on my Eurail experience so far. 

My wife and I are finally in Europe from the USA and have traveled a few trains already. 

My observation thus far…absolutely no problems!!  Finding the trains, adding to both trips and generating tickets has been very easy. I admit that I have yet to do a reservation, or high speed train but I’m hopeful that too will be as trouble free. 

However, if I do run into a snag I feel certain I can find a resolution here, or at least a pointer to where I can find help. 

We have 3 months to travel around Europe and so far we’re enjoying ourselves. 

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I'm happy to read your message. My wife and I have been on a trip for a month, the second month ahead "escaping" Finnish weather in November. So far so good too.

Let your journey continue smoothly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us @Gh35214 and @Noltalgic railer!
Happy to hear you are enjoying yourselves, while exploring Europe by train :earth_africa: . That is plenty of time to discover a variety places, so...that makes me curious to know more about your route and places you visit.
Enjoy the rest of your trip :relaxed:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Nanja,

We are currently in Amsterdam Centraal waiting on the train to Ghent by way of Brussels. Our first train was canceled 🤦🏻

we plan to visit several Christmas Markets in Germany then if this virus doesn’t interfere we will spend a few days in Krakow and Prague. 

from there it’ll be Vienna, Salzburg and on to St. Moritz to catch the Glacier Express. 

Italy is next and France last. 

One small comment though. The rail planner locked up on me while attempting to enter the station gates. Rebooting my phone solved that issue. 

have a great day all !!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That sounds like a lovely trip, Gh35214! A bit of everything really :slight_smile: I love the festive spirit you feel when visiting Christmas markets. If you need some more inspiration on which ones to visit, this article is worth checking out.
That's unfortunate, but I'm glad you solved it in the end. Restarting the app/your phone mostly works when that happens.
Have a great journey ahead! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Many thanks Nanja!!

It happened again a few minutes ago so I guess there’s a bug somewhere. Maybe the next update will fix it. 🤷🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for flagging! Could you please open the App and go to '’more'’ → settings, scroll down and enable error logging. As soon as it happens again, you can click on '’export and send'’ in the same section. This way we can look into it and fix it. Cheers, 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Great!!!  Have logging enabled now. 

thanks for the tip!👍🏻👍🏻