Solved

"No trains found" to Serbia

• 17 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello, 

When I want to consult the train timetables to go from a country to Serbia (no matter the city), the site tells me that no train corresponds to my search.

However, a search without any particular filter. 

Is this a problem with the site or is Serbia not included in the Interrail passes?

Thank you for your help.

I was in the process of planning my journeys but this is blocking me and I cannot continue my search.

icon

Best answer by seewulf 17 February 2022, 18:24

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Not all trains that are covered by Interrail are on the railplanner of Interrail. Please check timetables on the website of the Serbian national railways. 

Please note, that in Serbia there are some construction works on the rail tracks and some trains don’t run.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ed Cne  There are currently almost no trains in Serbia :/ Because they renew their entire network

Currently just 2 International lines are open Belgrade - Podgorica - Bar & Budapest - Kelebia - Subotica.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Besides Beograd there are not that many major cities left in RS=Serbije. The only ´network´ that still runs fairly frequent is suburban to/fro capital Beograd.

For just local traffic using a pass does not make sense-local tickets are far cheaper

To confirm, is there a train running from belgrade to budapest currently?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

To confirm, is there a train running from belgrade to budapest currently?

No currently no train :/ 

Trains start in Subotica/Novi Sad with a change in Kelebia to Budapest :)

My experience get a bus for the whole way :) much easier :)

Does anyone know when there will be more riding more (international) trains in Serbia ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Does anyone know when there will be more riding more (international) trains in Serbia ?

Nobody knows. Maybe the train from/to Zagreb will be running again in summer. However the trains from/to Budapest and Skopje will not run for quite some time because there are big engineering works.

Ahh okey. Thanks!!