2-bed cabin Reservation - InterCityNotte

Hello everyone,

My husband and I got the 4-day Global Pass (1st class) - we are trying to book a 2-bed cabin #798 InterCity Notte train (April 24th - Roma Tiburtina to Milano Porta Garibaldi at 23:55), however this option is unavaible on the Eurail Reservation tool, but it is available on ItaliaRail and Trenitalia website.

Since we have the mobile pass, we can’t book with ItaliaRail. This is very upsetting because its only giving us the most expensive options, when it clearly has availability on the 2-bed cabin for paper pass holders.

I already tried to call Trenitalia, but they can’t help unless I go to the train station - and EuRail customer services is not responding my inquiries. Unfortunately I cannot gamble to wait to book the reservation once we arrive in Italy, we will take this train only two days after arriving and we have a baby with us - so not getting a bed to sleep will be a nightmare.

Please check pics to see what shows on ItaliaRail for paper pass holders, and what shows on Eurail Reservation Tool.
The Cuccetta C4 reservation would cost us €194, while the 2-bed cabin would be only €112. That’s a huge €82 diference.

Eurail Reservation Tool 
ItaliaRail

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Belgian railways also sell this train by phone. They should be able to book pass holder fares (I checked their fare info) and send the reservations by email. There are no booking fees for pass holder reservations but phone charges instead.

Did not work, they don’t pickup the phone :(

I am really want my money back, the Eurail customer service is a joke - no response so far. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did not work, they don’t pickup the phone :(

Best is to try earlier in the day. In the evening, call centres tend to be very busy.

Hello everyone,

My husband and I got the 4-day Global Pass (1st class) - we are trying to book a 2-bed cabin #798 InterCity Notte train (April 24th - Roma Tiburtina to Milano Porta Garibaldi at 23:55), however this option is unavaible on the Eurail Reservation tool, but it is available on ItaliaRail and Trenitalia website.

Since we have the mobile pass, we can’t book with ItaliaRail. This is very upsetting because its only giving us the most expensive options, when it clearly has availability on the 2-bed cabin for paper pass holders.

I already tried to call Trenitalia, but they can’t help unless I go to the train station - and EuRail customer services is not responding my inquiries. Unfortunately I cannot gamble to wait to book the reservation once we arrive in Italy, we will take this train only two days after arriving and we have a baby with us - so not getting a bed to sleep will be a nightmare.

Please check pics to see what shows on ItaliaRail for paper pass holders, and what shows on Eurail Reservation Tool.
The Cuccetta C4 reservation would cost us €194, while the 2-bed cabin would be only €112. That’s a huge €82 diference.

Eurail Reservation Tool 
ItaliaRail

Nathalia, I gave you a “pass cover number” in our private chat. When you use that number you can book with ItaliaRail.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@nataliareeck 

Did you book through italiarail, if I may ask?

Hello everyone,

Eurail Reservation Tool 
ItaliaRail

Nathalia, I gave you a “pass cover number” in our private chat. When you use that number you can book with ItaliaRail.

Hi Nicole, I’m in virtually the same situation as OP. Could I ask for help too? Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue for a booking in May. @Nicole  could you please help me out? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

For Intercity Notte try this dedicated Italiarail site.

https://partners.italiarail.com/default?force_pass=true&aff=EURAIL&fbclid=IwAR1zG__8EtpSCsza3WI-eFahHfXJqmDhBLIZUyoO5qYeAc8t7fzjgBbTd5A

@Yorkie Thank you very much for the link, but it doesn’t seem to work with our electronic global passes

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Yorkie Thank you very much for the link, but it doesn’t seem to work with our electronic global passes

You need a cover number which is a different format, this tool will generate one for your pass.