Solved

Added tickets/connections won't load timetable details

Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 12 replies

Hi,

my app working so far OK - but since this day when I go for My Trip > in “View as list” section where have my connections added, if I click on any connection for detailed info for each train (past or upcomming), the app show for me only starting and ending station.

But will not unroll/list all the stations on the way.

Thus can’t see where actually I’m at the time, calculate delay agains maps/GPS position when arriving at some station.

So far phone restarted, restarted application - several times.

I’m not on VPN, do have internet, at full speed now, no throttling applied, all other applications working well. App is with full acces within Android for all what is needed.

I see only this:

When tapping in the area roughly defined by the height of yellow line - usually it shows me all the stops on the way.

But not this time. It won’t react anymore.

Before this issue such action resolved in this result (pic added is a cropped out prtscn):

I noticed “last timetable updated:” info - but cant’ find a way how trigger the update for this in app settings.

Would like to clear cache or even re-install the app - but my old phone with ticket already got broken so this phone is my second thus I’m out of possible transfers of the IR ticket into another backup phone.

1. I’m unsure if clear cache will wipe out my jurney/ticket’s > because can’t find it in my account here. Just basic info about my persona, but nothing from phone is synced I guess.
  2. Also maybe there are some options I missed in settings and the problem is because I’m out of sync with actuall timetable > so it won’t load it for me.

So far the QR code with IR pass is loading so it’s only troublesome for detailed info for specific connection - but it’s quite usable feature for me, so that’s why I wondering why it’s not OK now and what I can do about it.

Thx for any info, if someone encountered same issue - how long it persisted? It start working well again out of nothing or some actions were neded?

Let me know.

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 2 June 2023, 11:22

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

It’s not that big of a deal, if you can still show your pass.

Use the apps of the national companies you’ll be using for detailed (real time information, track information, station list...), or DB Navigator to get up to date travel information (and station lists) for almost all over Europe. Way more functional than the rail planner app.

Best contact: https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new . If you want a technical solution from Interrail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

All App updates are done through Play Store.

Badge

Yup, thx for reply - it turns out that it’s indeed depended on Google Play Store update.

About one hour ago I receiver in app notification about available update of connections - so that is why, the app have now old schedule.

Pity that I was searching at that time for connection and clicked it away in rush so it won’t show now anymore.

After updating all apps in phone the new request for available updates doesn’t bring it up unfortunately.

So one need to wait before Rail Planner app show it again or it will appear in Play Store later.

It’s not possible trigger this manually unfortunately.

(Play Store not showing the update now but when clicked from Rail Planned notification it opens Play Store with update available, so maybe it’s a way how to rush it to phone in before Google do it somehow on their own).

It can be somehow written via “?” mark in-app so one know what is going on. Even better do it independently from Play Store cos Google tends to smooth updates of frequently used apps so they took severall days sometimes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Planning your travel is better done elsewhere than in the Railplanner-app. Use the apps/websites of the national railways and write down the information about the trains in excel or similar. Then you add the trains as journeys in the Railplanner a few days before the departure and activate the journey just before boarding the train. 

The Railplanner works off-line and will not show any last minute changes and cancellations so you should always check the departure time with an online app/website.

Badge

Managed triggering another banner with “should update timetables” > even clicked on it, but when GPlay is loaded it’s the info is that my app is actual, so no update option available.

Several update events happened meanwhile - but none included RailPlanner.  

(Thus this is wrong info from me in post above: “it opens Play Store with update available”.)

Since 19.5. the app in my phone is with non-actual timetables. That’s quite long time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Managed triggering another banner with “should update timetables” > even clicked on it, but when GPlay is loaded it’s the info is that my app is actual, so no update option available.

I've also seen that a number of times, so I now ignore these pop-ups.

Since 19.5. the app in my phone is with non-actual timetables. That’s quite long time.

The rail planner app timetables are usually only updated once or twice per month. That's one of the reasons it should not be used to plan.

Badge

I've also seen that a number of times, so I now ignore these pop-ups.

The rail planner app timetables are usually only updated once or twice per month. That's one of the reasons it should not be used to plan.

Contacted them via zendesk RQ - so will see.

Anyway I’m coping with situation now via “DB Navigator” as BrendanDB suggested - seems working well so far.

It’s a hassle one more step adding that manually, but thx god both of them existing.

Still grateful for.

Badge

So finaly update arrived.

And nothing changed with the behavior. Except the date of last time table update, that moved on 1st this month.

Noticed that for connection that have prepared for the ticket activation in My trip section - the itinerary of train is displayed when going from Planner(!) - but for the very same one tran the itinerary can’t be loaded from ticket.

Ticket section; still won’t show
Planner - it shows the itinerary

Thinking if it’s a bug with only me - or is it for anyone?

If it’s my installation - kinda like statistic and map section of My trip and don’t wanna loose it untill can make few prtsn for memories when back home at chill.

Does any one know if when app is reinstalled - will this be loaded back (acording reviews and overall FAQ of IRP app web page - seems to me that it’s only local, offline data state, not persistent via remote state backup.)

Also the IR pass is per device - in that case regardles data about trip, if device is the same one, will it be added without hassle?

(When app can check activated tickets+device within it’s database /probably the only one synced state/ - I can be online for this one, that’s for sure.) 

All this I’m asking cos the documentation for app functionality (and also within OS) is kinda lacking on IR web page.

Basically except (1) re-install - those are my options now:

(2) storage / (3) cache wipeout - but dunno what it does with my info and how the Pass/App will react on that.

(Leaving it here if others have same hassle so they know - will go for support in case none knows.)

​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Noticed that for connection that have prepared for the ticket activation in My trip section - the itinerary of train is displayed when going from Planner(!) - but for the very same one tran the itinerary can’t be loaded from ticket.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. What is the problem? In the ticket section (where you see the QR code), you won't be able to show the train details. That's only possible in the planner and in My Trip. In the planner, you'll see the complete train route and in My Trip you'll see only the part that you are planning to use.

Basically except (1) re-install - those are my options now:

(2) storage / (3) cache wipeout - but dunno what it does with my info and how the Pass/App will react on that.

I don't know. But why would you want to do that?

Badge

So finaly update arrived.

Just received another update and it’s working again now.