All reservations shown as "Not available"

• 28 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Hello!

I am trying to book seat reservations on the Interrail website. The train I would like to book (a TGV Paris-Karlsruhe) is shown as “Not available”. At first I thought the train might be full, but then I also checked other dates (every day of the week) and other cities (Stockholm to Malmö, Hamburg to Karlsruhe or to Amsterdam, etc...)

Every single train I checked, regardless of time of day, date or city, is shown as “Not available”.

Is there anything wrong with the website or the interface, or am I missing something?

For information; I tried on both Chrome and Firefox, as well as the app. I have a valid mobile pass, bought at the end of June, which I will start using next week. I am booking only for myself.
Or perhaps I need to add the travel days to the mobile pass first?

I’m thankful for any help or tips!

Cheers,

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Trying to book for more than one passenger?

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/technical-difficulties-mobile-passes

Further, as Interrail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per seat:

• Stockholm - Malmö: book via SJ.
  • Copenhagen - Hamburg: book via DSB.
  • Hamburg - Karlsruhe/Amsterdam (or other journeys in/from/to Germany with optional reservations): book via DB, using the option "Seat only”. Enter your whole journey because DB only charges once per journey (also with multiple trains) with optional reservations.
  • TGV or ICE Germany - France can be bought at German and French ticket offices or by phone via DB (+49 30 2970, collect at DB ticket machine) or via SNCF (PDF via e-mail, I think).

I am booking only for myself.

It is impossible to book seat only reservation on DB for cross border trains, at least trains with France.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It is impossible to book seat only reservation on DB for cross border trains, at least trains with France.

Correct for the DB website. That's why I mentioned the options for TGV or ICE Germany - France in my 4th bullet point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, me and the Customer Support team have not come across any issues like the one you are describing. Can you double-check the traveller information in your account, to make sure it's all there and correct?

Hi, me and the Customer Support team have not come across any issues like the one you are describing. Can you double-check the traveller information in your account, to make sure it's all there and correct?

Hello and thank you for your answer.

I purchased a mobile pass. On the Interrail website I used the option “add travelers from another order” to add the information to my trip, since I did not get a pass cover number.

Now when I check the traveler details manually, the validity of the pass is greyed and shows 15 days where it should show 4 days within a month, and the class is not ticked. But I cannot edit it, since I need a pass cover number to do manual edits. Should I request a PCN?

Solved!

I actually did not realize that the trip was already added to my trip page when I bought the online pass (I’ve done quite a lot of interrail trips and they’re all called “My Interrail Trip”...)  So I added a new trip manually and tried to use it for reservations, but then I did not have a Pass Cover Number, that’s where the issue came from. It’s working now :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Happy to hear that. Thanks for letting us know how you ended up solving it. Have a great weekend :relaxed: Cheers, 

Trying to book for more than one passenger?

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/technical-difficulties-mobile-passes

Further, as Interrail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per seat:

• Stockholm - Malmö: book via SJ.
  • Copenhagen - Hamburg: book via DSB.
  • Hamburg - Karlsruhe/Amsterdam (or other journeys in/from/to Germany with optional reservations): book via DB, using the option "Seat only”. Enter your whole journey because DB only charges once per journey (also with multiple trains) with optional reservations.
  • TGV or ICE Germany - France can be bought at German and French ticket offices or by phone via DB (+49 30 2970, collect at DB ticket machine) or via SNCF (PDF via e-mail, I think).

Thank you for this list of options! I called DB at the number you indicated and could finally book a seat in a ICE crossing border from Germany to France for the cost of 13 euro.