Solved

Are all seat reserved on Centovalli route

• 2 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I am planning to travel this from Domodossola to Locarno this week, with a Eurail first class.

I know I can book a seat on the website. I looked and many trains for the day I want have none or just 1 or 2 seats available. The seat map show a mix of “reserved” and “not available.”

Does anyone know if all seats are reserved? Or are only some reserved, so its still likely there will be free seats even if you can’t  / don’t reserve in advance?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 October 2022, 14:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I wasn't even aware you could book seats on that line… I've been there a few times but never reserved a seat and that was never a problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have also travelled on the Centovalli Bahm several times and I have never reserved seats.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Confirm this. I guess the Swiss now try to make some extra money by holding 1-2 seats apart for those who are so stupid to think they must REServe. As they also try to do on other lines they proclaim to be very scenic. And it seems that many a todays tourist is convinced s/he cannot do without.

Badge +5

You will be charged a small fee if it’s a panoramic train. I think it’s 1.5 euros. Per single journey. Well worth it!!

Hello @justin1123 ! Thank you for your question. According to our reservations self-service, https://www.eurail.com/en/book-reservations the direct train Regional-Express does not require reservations. There are several trains covering this route, though. For example, the Fast train requires a supplement.You will need to pay for it before boarding or during the journey. This is an administrational/service fee.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Best,

Annie