Solved

Benefits in Germany

• 23 November 2021
  • 8 replies

• Keeps calm and carries on
  • 10 replies

Hello all,

On this page, it is said that the pass holders can travel by bus to Prague from Munich or Nuremberg (see the screenshot) : https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trains-europe/trains-country/trains-germany

But I can't find more information, it doesn't appear on the page "benefits". And when I plan a "Munich-Prague" trip with the timetable, there is no bus. How can I have more information and book a seat ?

And is it only for the Germany pass holders, or also for the global pass holders ?

Thank you !

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 23 November 2021, 20:25

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On this page, it is said that the pass holders can travel by bus to Prague from Munich or Nuremberg (see the screenshot) : https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trains-europe/trains-country/trains-germany

These bus lines have been discontinued.

@Nanja, an update of this page would be good.

Oh no, what a shame ! These bus lines were very interesting !

Anyway, thank you for the quick reply :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Miléna  between Munich and Prague you can take the direct train every 2hours operated by Alex (Die Länderbahn) & Ceske Drahy  Eurail and Interrail are valid :)

From Nürnberg to Prague you can take a regional train to Schwandorf and change there for the Alex further to Prague

or from Nürnberg with a regionaltrain to Cheb and from Cheb with a Czech Fast train via Plzen (south route) or Usti nad Labem (north Route) to Prague

@Nanja  the page need indeed a update as this Route was one of the DB operated IC Buses :D

@seewulf thank you for the information ! Apparently the Munich-Prague direct trains don’t run during week-ends… That’s why I was checking the bus options.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks rvdborgt and Seewulf for flagging. It has been forwarded to the relevant team so the page will be updated in the next couple of days. :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Miléna  for which dates are you looking? the direct trains are usually a daily service (ofcourse sometimes due works on the tracks they operate different )

@seewulf I am looking for this saturday (and maybe another day in early december for Prague-Munich) :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

ahh yeah for Saturday you have to change the trains in Schwandorf

Train to Prague starts 10mins later from the same platform as you arrive

according bahn.de (German Railplanner)