Solved

Booking reservation for Italy

• 20 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I live in France and I've bought a one country pass for 3 days in Italy. I've also activated my pass on Rail Planner and it gives me 3 QR codes for 3 trip that I planned. Is that my final tickets or I have to book for reservation?

I saw that trains that I'll take needs reservations, but I still don't know how to do the reservations. Is there anyway I can do it online or I must book reservation at the train station or call centre? Or can I do it somewhere in France?

Thank you for your time,

Have a nice trip,

Mei

icon

Best answer by seewulf 20 July 2021, 20:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

you could try to reserve at SNCF Ticket offices but iam note sure :/

Option B is a reservation service like Interrails own APP or Website or Italiarail.com as trenitalia stoped to sell them back in 2019 :/

Option C at a local ticket office in Italy

Option D via the call center of trenitalia :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

you could try to reserve at SNCF Ticket offices but iam note sure :/

I think SNCF should be able to do that. Option A2 is to call SNCF to book reservations:

https://www.sncf.com/fr/service-client/nous-contacter/telephone

Thank you for your response.

I passed SNCF office but they said that they couldn't book seats for trains in Italy. I tried to book on italiarail.com but its seems to me a price of travel tickets than reservation fees. 

I will travel in one week and I'm so nervous. 

I can't understand why I have 3 QR codes through app Rail Planner and what is it for ? Do you have any idea ? Can I use it to travel ? 

Good day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I passed SNCF office but they said that they couldn't book seats for trains in Italy. I tried to book on italiarail.com but its seems to me a price of travel tickets than reservation fees. 

I will travel in one week and I'm so nervous. 

I can't understand why I have 3 QR codes through app Rail Planner and what is it for ? Do you have any idea ? Can I use it to travel ? 

The barcode in the app is your ticket. The app will generate a new one for each travel day.

For some trains, you will need a reservation. It seems strange that SNCF can't book reservations for Italy, but I guess it's possible. But it's also possible that some staff members don't know how to do it.

On Italiarail, you can book via https://app.italiarail.com/itinerary (click on Add ticket(s)). Italiarail has a fee of EUR 3.50 per order so it's best to collect multiple reservations in one order. You will need a pass cover number though, which you can get from customer service.

On the Interrail website it should also be possible to book reservations for Italy but I never use it because of the 2 EUR extra fee per reservation.

You can always book at the ticket counter in Italy. No need to be nervous.