Solved

Booking seats for children under my pass, how do I add child Passes after purchase?

I have a mobile Eurail pass that includes free travel for my 2 kids (age 8 and 10).

How do I add them as travelers to my pass so I can make a seat reservation for all 3 of us?

I figured out how to do it for myself only.  

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 10 March 2022, 12:53

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please check this page.

Yes, I understand that. But I don’t have passes for my kids. How do I add them to mine?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you indicate 2 children when buying the pass? If so, I don't know how this would work. If not, then you'll need to change your pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Note that on some railways-but I cannot list these here, these 2 kids are then only entitled to 1 seat-they have to share. I did not invent this, those are the rules from the state-burocratic railways also watching their incomes.

I’ve figured out that I need to add the kids at the time of pass purchase. Now that it’s too late and I already bought my pass, I need to exchange it for a new one and add the kids. Any ideas on how to exchange the pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Exchange conditions depend on what you chose at pass purchase. To do an exchange, check this page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please note that Kids pay the same reservation fees as adults means if you pay 10€ for a seat (e.g. A french domestic TGV) you have to pay the same for your Kids :/ (depending on their age its sometimes cheaper to use standard fares. For example in germany Kids under 15 travel for free with a paying adult) the problem here is that each country(rail company) have a own age limit :/ 

Please note that Kids pay the same reservation fees as adults means if you pay 10€ for a seat (e.g. A french domestic TGV) you have to pay the same for your Kids :/ (depending on their age its sometimes cheaper to use standard fares. For example in germany Kids under 15 travel for free with a paying adult) the problem here is that each country(rail company) have a own age limit :/ 

Do you mean if I’m only traveling in Germany, I don’t need to buy a child pass? I’ve been staring at Eurail all day and I can’t find anywhere to add my children once I select German Rail...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you mean if I’m only traveling in Germany, I don’t need to buy a child pass? I’ve been staring at Eurail all day and I can’t find anywhere to add my children once I select German Rail...

Possibly. It doesn't say it explicitly but indeed the boxes to add children are not there.

Possibly. It doesn't say it explicitly but indeed the boxes to add children are not there.

Thank you so much. I thought for sure I screwed up somewhere. I’m glad to have another pair of eyes looking at it for me. Thank you!