Solved

Can I get an additional inbound trip due to UK strike?

I'm due to make an inbound trip with a Global Pass to the north of England on 25 June, when there is now a major strike planned.  Assuming the Eurostar runs but I can't get the onward train home from London, will it be possible to extend my inbound trip to the following day and if so who should I ask to do this?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 June 2022, 20:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

In such case the Company that cause the delay is responsible :) Means you should head to a service desk in London and get a Paper/Zero Fare ticket to travel on the next day. According European Law that is still recognised by “National Rail” they even have to provide you with a possibility to stay overnight if you have to. Usually they provide Hotel Voucher or book a Hotel for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That should be possible. You don't get an extra inbound day but you just travel on whatever journey you had planned. A strike is like any other unexpected disturbance (when you had planned your journey before the strike was announced) and normal passenger rights apply, e.g. the right to continue your journey with the next available train(s) to your destination without any extra costs or the right to assistance if you get stranded.