Solved

Can't book Night trains from Zagreb to Lake Bled and Lake Bled to Genoa

• 26 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I’m trying to book two journeys for September for 5 people:

Depart Zagreb Glavni Kolodvor: 19:38

Arrive Lesce Bled Station:22:47

And on a separate day:

Depart Lesce Bled: 22:49

Layover: Villach Hbf 23:48 (1hr 46mins)
Arrive Genova Piazza Principe: 09:08

Both journeys say seat reservation required but then they won't let me book so basically I can’t book the journeys. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so do they have any advice?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 26 July 2023, 13:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For Zagreb to Lesce Bled, no reservation is needed. The rail planner app is wrong.

For Lesce Bled to Villach, no reservation is needed. The rail planner app is wrong. If you want one, book it at a station in Slovenia.

For Villach to Genova, book on nightjet.com. Add the Interrail/Eurail discount for everyone. If that doesn't work for you, then what is your travel date?

Also note that this journey Lesce Bled to Genova will use 2 travel days if you have a flexipass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You could buy a regular ticket for Lesce Bled - Villach to avoid using a pass day. It shouldn't cost more than a few € per person.

The night train to Genoa will arrive at about 00:30 (if on time) so you'll have a longer night sleep.

Couchettes and sleepers are recommended, otherwise you won't really be able to sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for your response. They have a flexipass. Our travel date from zagreb to Lesce-Bled is 9th September and Lesce-Bled to Genoa is 11th September. I’m trying to book for 5 people.

I have tried to book the Villach to Genoa section on nightjet.com but it won't let me book (it says ‘no offers available).

I am booking these journeys for some work colleagues and unfortunately they need to have everything pre-booked- is there anyway to book the sections (Zagreb to Bled and Bled to Villach)?

I appreciate any advice you can offer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There's something strange going on with this night train. It only seems to have availability every other day on nightjet.com.

On tickets.oebb.at, it seems to work though. There are seats and couchettes available. Add the Interrail/Eurail discount for each passenger and then choose "One-way tickets” (NOT "Seat reservation only”). Also be careful to select the correct date, since it's after midnight in Villach.

Edit: my mistake, nightjet.com lists every date twice for some reason, so there is availability and you can also book there. Just add the Interrail/Eurail discount.

I don't seem to be able to buy a regular ticket from Lesce Bled to Villach on the Slovenian rail website. Have you advice on how to buy these tickets?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I don't seem to be able to buy a regular ticket from Lesce Bled to Villach on the Slovenian rail website. Have you advice on how to buy these tickets?

At the ticket office. They can't sell out.

Edit: I see tickets.oebb.at also sell them for that exact train, for €5. That should be including seat reservation.