Solved

Can't book seat on Eurocity between Visp and Milano

• 25 June 2022
  • 2 replies

We are trying to get to Rome, Italy from Visp, Switzerland on July 2nd. Thanks to this community, I found the workaround on OEBB.AT and I can book the leg from Milano to Rome, but it won’t let me book the section from Visp to Milano. It keeps on saying “Ticket not Available”.  We have the Eurail ticket (ignore the German). 

Even when I remove the Eurail discount, it still shows the ticket as not being available. Yet, when I look on ItaliaRail, I can book that segment. Why is that train not available for booking on OEBB.AT? (or anywhere outside of SBB or Italia Rail)?

View when trying to book on OEBB.AT

Same results when trying to book the full price ticket

You can book it on Italia Rail

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 June 2022, 14:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Dont worry too much-just do it when you are in the swiss-again someone who was lured to visit Zermatt? You can also change at Brig from the little red Z-train into this EC.

Remember that very first rule of computers: you can only get out what someone has ever put in-so it seems these trains (as they are INTERnational Swiss-IT) are not in the Oebb-system-which is Austrian. Every railway has its own way of organising things.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Not sure what the problem is with this train Visp - Milano. Trenitalia can still book normal tickets. The pass holder seats may be sold out, although that doesn't seem to be the case for the later EC trains on that day, that have the same (or lower) normal fares, so I'd expect pass holder fares to be available.

So, book this reservation at a ticket office, e.g. in Switserland (doesn't need to be Visp, can also be another one). If a reservation is not possible from Visp, then request one from Domodossola (departure 13:17), from where the reservation is mandatory and from where there is no quota control on pass holder seats (i.e. pass holder seats can be booked until the train is full).