Solved

Cancel / refund my reservation Eurostar

Hi,

I bought a global pass and did a reservation from Paris/FR > London/EN on the website Eurail on June 1st but I couldn't get the extension of my vacation to use it.

That said, I need to get the refund or exchange of this seat reservation for another trip that I shall do at the end of the year.

Is that possible?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 22 April 2022, 15:41

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I bought a global pass and did a reservation from Paris/FR > London/EN on the website Eurail on June 1st but I couldn't get the extension of my vacation to use it.

That said, I need to get the refund or exchange of this seat reservation for another trip that I shall do at the end of the year.

A refund kan be requested from your reservation overview. The conditions should also be explained there.

For an exchange, you could check if that is possible via Eurostar. Do take into account that Eurostar have only published some trains for the period after the summer. When no new crisis comes along, there should normally be more trains than currently shown.

Hi! I select the option to cancel but it seems I cannot get the refund :'( 

Same in the Eurostar website - damn it :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It should be possible though to do an exchange, as long as you do it before the intended travel date (1 June), but there will be costs, probably 15€ per reservation. Does the Eurostar website allow that?

Oh, that's true! I just saw this option, thanks for your help :) 

Badge

Following on from this I am struggling to see how I can change my Eurostar booking as the no exchanges/refunds etc messages as above keep coming through...I cant cancel all tickets as it’s just me and there’s nowhere to do that. I’m now finding it really hard to book as one leg is rely on the next an so on and I’m not sure if, when there’s no reservation available it means I can still get the train but wont have a guaranteed seat or whether I’m just going to be stuck and not getting home!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Following on from this I am struggling to see how I can change my Eurostar booking as the no exchanges/refunds etc messages as above keep coming through...I cant cancel all tickets as it’s just me and there’s nowhere to do that. I’m now finding it really hard to book as one leg is rely on the next an so on and I’m not sure if, when there’s no reservation available it means I can still get the train but wont have a guaranteed seat or whether I’m just going to be stuck and not getting home!

1. What exactly would you like to do? What would you like to change?
  2. On which website are you trying to do it? It should be possible to change your Eurostar booking on the Eurostar website.
  3. Are you trying to book multiple trains? If so, then please specify which exact trains (origin, destination, date, departure time).
Badge

I am trying ti change an outgoing eurostar train to a return about 2 weeks later...as I could get my entire journey to spain from UK booked I had to resort to a flight outward.

I have looked on eurostar site, Interrail app and website...I see no way to do this process

My return home requires 3 trains to Paris and then the Eurostar to London and train on to Edinburgh

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have looked on eurostar site, Interrail app and website...I see no way to do this process

Did you go to Eurostar's Manage your Booking? If so, then what is the problem there?

Badge

I also want to chage the direction!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I also want to chage the direction!

Maybe then it's better to call Eurostar.

Badge

Thanks it does seem cheaper to just book again as the calls cost more!

Also I am concerned about booking Eurostar home when I have not been able to book my trains back from Spain to Paris! If there are no reservations available does this mean I wont get the train I need or can I get on but not have a seat reservation. It’s basically looking like I cant get back to UK at the moment...it’s very cofnsuing

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Rona Gray 

If you give exact details: date, time and route of the trip from Spain to Paris that you want to book, you can get advice on how to manage the reservations.

Badge

Where?? I have put these all into the trip planner on my app...I find the trains but I cant make most of the reservations there...it tells me I have to go to a Station or machine- presumably in the country I am travelling in as I booked my London to Edinburgh reseavations (free) this morning but I cant book France and Spain from UK!

thanks

Rona

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Where?? I have put these all into the trip planner on my app...I find the trains but I cant make most of the reservations there...it tells me I have to go to a Station or machine- presumably in the country I am travelling in as I booked my London to Edinburgh reseavations (free) this morning but I cant book France and Spain from UK!

The sooner you provide the details (per train: origin, destination, date, departure time), the sooner you'll get detailed advice.

Badge

Where- do you mean on here?

I am trying to travel back from Madrid via p[aris to london

thanks...if this is what you mean?

Rona

Badge

Sorry I did not realise I could get specific advice on here. I’d rather  not disclose my actual journey publicly so can I private message someone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

People in this forum can help but only if enough information is available.

We need to know at least which trains you want to use, so with origin and destination per train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Rona Gray The only way to get advice here is that you give your travel details here. 

Badge

18th june

13.25 madrid puerta de atocha to narbonne

20.04 Narbonne to montauban ville bourbon

22.53 MVB to Paris austerlitz (arr 6.51 19th june)

19th june

9.13 paris nord to london

thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You should be able to book all those trains by phone via SNCF (press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail). Though it does look like the 13:25 has no pass holder seats left, so be prepared to look for an alternative.

Badge

Thank you very much...there is only one alternative to that and it’s very much later...I guess there could be otehr routes?

Badge

I’m afraid sncf said they dont do these bookings if they extend beyond France!

I will either have to hope I can book when abroad or give up now and book a flight!

Badge

Well it was worth a further call to sncf as anotehr person answering this time has confirmed that there is one leg I cannt yet book but I can book the rest and get a refund up to 3 days before travel. In the meantime I can keep looking for the first section of the journey to become available!

Much happier now!

Merci