Solved

Cannot book reservation when logged in

I cannot book a reservation while logged in. The ‘Book reservation’ button just disappears. Why?

In the first screenshot beneath, the button is there but I’am not logged in. In the second I am logged in, which is needed to proceed with the booking, but the button disappears. How do I now book a reservation?

icon

Best answer by ralderton 3 March 2023, 15:04

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think reservations aren’t open for that date yet. Try a sooner date, as a test, and you’ll see that you can buy reservations for (eg) 15 March.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Trains are open on the SNCF website, so I'd also expect them to be open for reservations via Interrail. The timetable matches so that shouldn't be a problem. I can see prices until 1 June. That's 90 days from today. Other ways to book this train are mentioned here:

@Mukhammad @Camilo. is there an issue? The information in the booking module says trains open 90 days in advance but clearly SNCF (sometimes?) open them earlier. The SNCF website is showing prices until 30 June.

Additionally, the prices mentioned without logging in are incorrect since 11/12/2022. It's now €35 in both classes (+ booking fee).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was shown €27, while logged in, for the test enquiry I did for 15 March. (Including €2 booking fee, I guess) So another data point 😂

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @rvdborgt and @JannesHN 

I just simulated the route and indeed, it only shows the prices until the 1st of June 2023 in our website. It's possible that this is because the timetable hasn't been updated yet.

I also see that the price of the seat reservation is 27 euros. 

Have a nice weekend!

Thank you all for your quick responses. The problem seems to be once again that I was just to impatient and wrongfully thought that we were close enough to the 2nd of june to be within the booking period.

Thank you, have a good weekend!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I just simulated the route and indeed, it only shows the prices until the 1st of June 2023 in our website. It's possible that this is because the timetable hasn't been updated yet.

We'll see tomorrow… if booking is then possible on 2 June and nor further, then possibly the booking window is too limited on the Interrail side. If booking is still not possible for 2 June, then it might be the timetable.

@Camilo. 

That's when logging in. Without logging in, the prices are still incorrect. The remark about the one country pass (see screenshot above) is also incorrect if you have one for France.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

We'll see tomorrow… if booking is then possible on 2 June and nor further, then possibly the booking window is too limited on the Interrail side. If booking is still not possible for 2 June, then it might be the timetable.

@Camilo.

That's when logging in. Without logging in, the prices are still incorrect. The remark about the one country pass (see screenshot above) is also incorrect if you have one for France.

I see your point. I will forward this to the timetable department. Regarding the one country Pass, you cannot take this journey if you have a Interrail/Eurail France Pass. Is this what you mean? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I see your point. I will forward this to the timetable department. Regarding the one country Pass, you cannot take this journey if you have a Interrail/Eurail France Pass. Is this what you mean? 

This is another thing that changed on 11 December. And that was discussed recently in this community. The one country pass for France IS valid on the TGV to Barcelona if you buy a pass reservation. Just like this has always been the case for the TGV to Milan, which also stills needs to be implemented in the reservation module.
Please see the previous discussion about this topic, in which you also took part:

You said you would forward the information. Has anything happened since? I see the information about the OCP for France has not been updated yet.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

This is another thing that changed on 11 December. And that was discussed recently in this community. The one country pass for France IS valid on the TGV to Barcelona if you buy a pass reservation. Just like this has always been the case for the TGV to Milan, which also stills needs to be implemented in the reservation module.
Please see the previous discussion about this topic, in which you also took part:

You said you would forward the information. Has anything happened since? I see the information about the OCP for France has not been updated yet.

Hi @rvdborgt,

Related to the OCP France, I just received an answer that the update is still in progress - some adjustments, as well as information alignment, are required. Once the respective team has all set, we will share it with you.

That's what I can inform to you from now. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Camilo.

UPDATE:

I have just received the message that the timetable prices will be corrected. For now, please rely on the prices after logging in. 

@JannesHN 

I can already see availability for the 2nd of June. Can you please confirm? 

Have a nice day!

Hi @Camilo. and others,

The seats are available,  reservations cost €27 a piece, and I've just reserved two. Thank you for your responses and have fun travelling!

Best,
Jannes