Solved

Cannot Click 'Continue to Traveler Details' Button For Seat Reservation on Eurail.com (Global Pass)

• 30 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello, I am Sarah. I would like to book seat reservation from London to Belgium on 30 April 2023 (Eurostar) today from Eurail site, however I could not ‘continue to traveler details’ button and make payment. May I know if there is any problem because I also need to book seat reservation from Geneva-Paris-London on May 2023. Fear the seat reservation fully booked. Do assist, thank you in advance everyone. - Sarah

icon

Best answer by Hektor 30 January 2023, 10:24

View original

4 replies

Hello Sarah,

it can also be done here: Pass fare Thalys and Eurostar | SNCB International (b-europe.com)

You may do your reservation from London to Belgium and from Paris to London here. There’s still a lot of availability.

From Genf to Paris it depends on your connection how to reserve it. It’s much cheaper not to take a TGV directly from Genf but a TER instead on the first part of your trip into France (e.g. to Lyon).

Hello Sarah,

it can also be done here: Pass fare Thalys and Eurostar | SNCB International (b-europe.com)

You may do your reservation from London to Belgium and from Paris to London here. There’s still a lot of availability.

From Genf to Paris it depends on your connection how to reserve it. It’s much cheaper not to take a TGV directly from Genf but a TER instead on the first part of your trip into France (e.g. to Lyon).

Hello Hektor, thank you so much I finally managed to book seat reservation London-Brussels & Paris- London. However I still could not find link and book seat reservation from Geneva to Paris (TGV preferable). Any chance you might have the right link to book seat reservation for the route as well? Because I still could not book through eurail.com. You respond and help much appreciated. 🙏🏻

Hello Sarah,

Hello Hektor, thank you so much I finally managed to book seat reservation London-Brussels & Paris- London. However I still could not find link and book seat reservation from Geneva to Paris (TGV preferable). Any chance you might have the right link to book seat reservation for the route as well? Because I still could not book through eurail.com. You respond and help much appreciated. 🙏🏻

Which connection do you want to take? It makes a difference if you’d take the direct TGV from Genf or not (regarding booking and price). 

Recommended is to book with a change (it’s about 30 minutes longer, e.g. 10.00 to 13.50 instead of e.g. 10.29 to 13.50). This can be done here: Book your international train tickets (b-europe.com) - just the TGV from Bellegarde (Ain) to Paris Gare de Lyon has to be booked.

The station where you’d have to change is just 26 minutes from Genf. 

As written: It’s much cheaper (just 10€ instead of 70 / 57€ 1st class or 37 / 27€ 2nd class; booking fees are always additional). For direct TGVs, you’ll need to use the eurail service or (if it won’t work) call by phone (e.g. Swiss railways SBB or French railways SNCF).

But it saves a lot of money for a journey that is just 29 minutes longer. And it’s easier to book...

Hello Sarah,

Which connection do you want to take? It makes a difference if you’d take the direct TGV from Genf or not (regarding booking and price). 

Recommended is to book with a change (it’s about 30 minutes longer, e.g. 10.00 to 13.50 instead of e.g. 10.29 to 13.50). This can be done here: Book your international train tickets (b-europe.com) - just the TGV from Bellegarde (Ain) to Paris Gare de Lyon has to be booked.

The station where you’d have to change is just 26 minutes from Genf. 

As written: It’s much cheaper (just 10€ instead of 70 / 57€ 1st class or 37 / 27€ 2nd class; booking fees are always additional). For direct TGVs, you’ll need to use the eurail service or (if it won’t work) call by phone (e.g. Swiss railways SBB or French railways SNCF).

But it saves a lot of money for a journey that is just 29 minutes longer. And it’s easier to book...

Hi Hektor, As you recommended, I managed to book seat reservation for my routes London-Brussels, Bellegard-Paris Gare De Lyon, Paris-London. Thank you so much for your input and help. Have a nice day! Regards, Sarah.