Solved

Consuming 2 travel days for IC407 Krakow to Prague

• 18 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to book the night train from Krakow to Prague and it leaves at 22:42 and arrives at 7:31 the next day. After checking on polrail, it seems that the train does not actually switch, and that you end up staying in the same car, but it changes operators and switches tracks in Bohumin. The app views this as a switching connection, and as such, it’s requiring me to spend 2 travel days despite it not actually switching. I would think since it’s technically a single train, it shouldn’t count as multiple days.

Do I actually need to activate the second half of the trip as long as I get the reservation via polrail and flip the initial switch in the app for Krakow - Bohumin? Is there a way to do this without the app using 2 travel days?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 18 March 2023, 08:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you add the train manually to the app, then only 1 travel day should be used.

For anyone else who ends up taking this train, I contacted cd.cz customer support and they said I should be good to use the rail pass and just needed to book a reservation. So as noted above, I added the train manually, booked the reservation, and I’ll report back afterwards if I had any issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Camilo. Can you please look into this? The Railplanner should not use 2 travel days for a journey where the traveller doesn't change trains.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Camilo. Can you please look into this? The Railplanner should not use 2 travel days for a journey where the traveller doesn't change trains.

I will report this, but I cannot promise the changes will be visible any time soon. For now, it is a good advice to add the journey manually. 

Have a lovely week!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I will report this, but I cannot promise the changes will be visible any time soon. For now, it is a good advice to add the journey manually. 

Have a lovely week!

UPDATE:

Apparently DB shows Bohumin as a stop. For now, please book a seat at CDZ or at the train station, and create the trip according to the details printed on the ticket - however, there may be interruptions in the journey and the customer will have to use replacement transport (such as buses) to complete the journey.

Meanwhile, an investigation is being conducted.

I noticed the same problem thing when added the trip in the app for our trip Krakow-Budapest (nighttrain) last week. Same “change” in Bohumin. For us it wasn’t a real issue because we have an 2months continues pass. But I was wondering how this would work when you have a pass with a limited travel days and could solve it. 

Indeed no factual change - the wagons and locs are doing an exchange of routes and coupling / decoupling but you can stay in your (booked) bed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I noticed the same problem thing when added the trip in the app for our trip Krakow-Budapest (nighttrain) last week. Same “change” in Bohumin. For us it wasn’t a real issue because we have an 2months continues pass. But I was wondering how this would work when you have a pass with a limited travel days and could solve it.

You can then add the train manually as a direct train.