Domestic Bulgarian night train reservation - can't find discount option on BDZ website

Hi,
We are planning on travelling for 1 ½ months in July/August. We would like to take a sleeper car on the night train from Sofia to Burgas. I tried to book the train on the BDZ website, but I can't find the discount option for an interrail pass. Is it true, that we can only book it at an international ticket window in Sofia? If so, will there be enough room in the middle of summer?

rvdborgt 1 year ago

You could try to book a reservation via DB. Either at a ticket office or via phone (+49 30 2970; collect at a DB ticket machine or receive via the post for € 5.90).

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You could try to book a reservation via DB. Either at a ticket office or via phone (+49 30 2970; collect at a DB ticket machine or receive via the post for € 5.90).

Thanks, will try to contact them.
I think that this problem occur for other night trains as well, do you have any info regarding booking the Bucharest - Istanbul sleeper train in advance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks, will try to contact them.
I think that this problem occur for other night trains as well, do you have any info regarding booking the Bucharest - Istanbul sleeper train in advance?

The Bucharest Istanbul train consists only of a couchette car and usually it is no problem to get a reservation on the day of traveling.

The Sofia-Burgas train (sleeper Waggon) on the contrary will be very likely sold out days in advance during summer time…