Solved

Eurail pass for Spain and Portugal?

• 13 July 2023
  • 1 reply

[NEED HELP ASAP]

Hi!

My family and I (4 pax) will be traveling to Spain and Portugal this coming September up until October. We will be visiting Barcelona, Valencia, Seville, Madrid, and Lisbon, Portugal at the minimum. The trip starts and ends in Barcelona.

I was wondering if the Eurail pass can be used for our transfers between the different Spanish cities? If yes, do the travel days have to be consecutive or can we choose different travel days within our trip? Is the Eurail pass even worth it for these transfers?

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a better (and hopefully cheaper) way to visit these cities? I’ve just been considering booking individual train trips through renfe, but I was hoping there was a cheaper option.

Thank you for your help!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 13 July 2023, 18:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can certainly use your pass to travel between cities in Spain and/or Portugal.

Travel days do not have to be consecutive. There are 2 types of pass: continuous (15 days, 1 or 2 or 3 months) and flexi (X travel days within 1 or 2 months).

What's cheaper depends on your plans. You can check fares on renfe.com, cp.pt or raileurope.com and then compare with a pass plus reservations. Do take into account that cheap(er) advance tickets are usually non-refundable and non-exchangeable.