Solved

Euronight train from Munich - Zagreb

• 18 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

I'm trying to travel from Munich to Zagreb via the overnight EuroNight 40237 train on February 4th but when I try to buy from the ÖBB website it's saying there are no options available in all of the options (seats, couchettes, sleepers). 

I've tried other dates, varying from today to the end of February and none of them seem to have any options so I don't think the trains are sold out. Additionally I've tried changing the starting location to Salzburg but it's still the same outcome.

Is there some issue with the ÖBB website?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 18 January 2023, 23:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's unlikely that this night train is fully booked for all dates in the foreseeable future. I can book other night trains but not this one, not even for a normal ticket. Better ask ÖBB when they think you can book again. You can also find them on Facebook; there they normally react quite fast.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It's unlikely that this night train is fully booked for all dates in the foreseeable future. I can book other night trains but not this one, not even for a normal ticket. Better ask ÖBB when they think you can book again. You can also find them on Facebook; there they normally react quite fast.

@rvdborgt There is currently a problem with the Croatian Nighttrain carriages (rumors say that HZPP didnt provide the correct paperwork and ÖBB refuse the HZPP Carriages in their network from 20th January)  because of that ÖBB stopped to sell tickets for the Nighttrains

Anyone have any updates on this? 

Seems impossible to get through to OBB helpline… :(

Trying to book a ticket for next week. 07/26.

Thanks!

Badge +1

I was eventually able to book a ticket - I think I ended up booking 3 days before my journey. 

Might be worth calling ÖBB's customer service to confirm though as demand is probably much higher now than when I travelled. 

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Trying to book a ticket for next week. 07/26.

Munich-Zagreb is fully booked on 26/7. There's availability on 27/7 (only seats). You can book on tickets.oebb.at. If you only want a reservation, then add the Interrail/Eurail discount and choose "One-way tickets”. Do NOT use "Seat reservation only” because that does not work for this train.