Solved

Eurostar Seat Reservation upgrade possible?

• 26 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello! I have a Eurail second class global pass. I originally got a standard class seat reservation from Paris to London in April, but we had to change the date we will be leaving Paris. I went onto the Eurostar app and was able to change the date but since there was no more standard class tickets for the time I wanted, I was able to upgrade my seat to standard premier. My question is, will that be okay since I have a second class Eurail pass? I was able to successfully select the seat and I have the Euro star tickets but I want to make sure everything will be okay. Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by cdwatkins19 26 March 2023, 22:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, normally Eurostar does not give upgrades. For Standard Premier you need a 1st class pass, but maybe because you had to change it is possible also with a 2nd class pass. Best is to ask directly Eurostar customer service.

Badge +5

Don’t know how you booked passholder seats on the Eurostar app. Can you send a screenshot please. You can’t use a second class pass to travel Standard Premier on Eurostar 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Don’t know how you booked passholder seats on the Eurostar app. Can you send a screenshot please. You can’t use a second class pass to travel Standard Premier on Eurostar 

I think this was loading a Eurostar reservation booked elsewhere in the Eurostar app and then changing it, just like you can do that on the Eurostar website using "Manage booking”.

Badge +5

As far as I know the Eurostar app won’t let you upgrade to Standard Premier from Standard class if the six digit reference identifies as a passholder place. This is because passholder places cannot be changed free of charge as can most other tickets. You’d normally need to phone or DM Eurostar customer services for help. The fact remains that a Standard class pass is not valid in Standard Premier unless it has been upgraded to an ordinary Standard Premier Ticket but this would cost over 100 euros per seat