Solved

Every NOMAD TER train fully booked

On the interrail.eu reservations book reservations page, it seems that every single service to Cherbourg from Paris has no availability. I understand that some may be fully booked, but given even the very early morning ones far in advance say no availability, I suspect the system might be broken from the recent update that reservations are now mandatory 7 days a week?

I have also heard that it is possible to buy seat reservations at a ticket machine when we are there, but I am worried the train may have booked out by then?

Any advice or tips would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by mcadv 5 July 2022, 13:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It is not possible to book these reservations anywhere online. Please complain to SNCF Normandie about that.

You can buy these reservations at an SNCF ticket office or at any SNCF ticket machine, also outside Normandie. Maybe also by phone. Press #85 for English.

It is not possible to book these reservations anywhere online. Please complain to SNCF Normandie about that.

You can buy these reservations at an SNCF ticket office or at any SNCF ticket machine, also outside Normandie. Maybe also by phone. Press #85 for English.

Thank you for letting me know, that makes sense now. It would be useful if interrail updated their website to explain this to save people hours of going round in circles on SNCF's website!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Its only 1,50 and only applies to trips to/fro Paris-and maybe only on peak days (but maybe all summer is thought of as being peak-check the TER-site) Very easy -once you have found the many buttons- on long-dist SNCF machines anywhere in FR