Solved

France night trains for May/2023

• 25 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello. I have been attempting to book a couchette for a night on the Paris to Nice night train in May. It was suggested to me that it was too early to make a reservation but that the booking opportunities for the spring would become available today (Jan. 25). I just tried again and there are still no night trains available for booking. Does anyone know when this will be available? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Steve B 25 January 2023, 19:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Interrail website doesn't show any prices indeed for late April or May. SNCF does (but only normal tickets), so I'd suggest to call SNCF. Press #85 for English, no booking fee (Interrail charges an extra €2), reservation is sent via email.

Thanks. If I call SNCF directly and book, do I have to pay the full price for the couchette or do I tell them I have a Eurail pass and only pay the supplement? Do I need to give my Eurail pass number? Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If I call SNCF directly and book, do I have to pay the full price for the couchette or do I tell them I have a Eurail pass and only pay the supplement? Do I need to give my Eurail pass number?

You say you have a Eurail pass and then you only pay the supplement (should be €21.50). AFAIK they don't need any pass number.

Excellent. Thank you.