Solved

Geneva to Paris Lyon seat reservation

• 29 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi! My family and I are planning to travel to 6:29 Geneva to 9:42 Paris Lyon tomorrow (We’ll be coming from Zermatt). It requires a seat reservation, but I can’t buy it directly from the eurail website. I’ve found the train tickets to other websites such as SNCF and b-europe but the eurail pass isn’t showing up as a discount card. 

I’ve found thalys and eurostar pass fare website where I can pick the eurail as discount card but Geneva isn’t showing up as a departure station. Please help! 

I think we can buy the seat reservation on the station based on Eurail but we’re scared that we might have to pay more than $190 for 6 people (the $ showing on eurail for seat reservation). 

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 29 June 2023, 20:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Avoid the direct TGV's From Switzerland to Paris, they have extortionate reservation fees, almost as much as ordinary tickets.

Go via TER to Lyon from Genève (réservation free), from Lyon try to book a seat on a train to Paris (Gare de Lyon) via this website : https://travel.b-europe.com/eurail-ge/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

There are even trains available for 10 eur reservation cost per seat for some departures.

From Zermatt it's not unlogical to go via Basel, but all of the trains (and alternatives from Mulhouse or Strasbourg) are full or almost full. So your best bet is go via Genève and Lyon.