Solved

Greek island pass - to make a reservation by phone we are asked for a number

Hello there,

my boyfriend and I have recently bought the interrail Greek island pass for six days. Now we want to make reservations on Greek domestic roots. We called the call centre in Athens (number from the flyer +30 210 8919800), they told us we need a certain number that verifies our Greek island pass. 

Where can I find this number? It should begins with an I followed by several numbers.

Kind regards

kiki

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 25 May 2022, 12:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sounds like the pass cover number. That is a capital i and 8 digits:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/reservations/where-can-i-find-my-paper-pass-cover-number

Thanks for your quick answer,

I saw the Greek island pass is an only paper pass, so the pass cover number should be on the back of it but I didn't receive the paper press yet. Is there a chance to get the number anywhere else because I want to reserve the ferries now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I saw the Greek island pass is an only paper pass, so the pass cover number should be on the back of it but I didn't receive the paper press yet. Is there a chance to get the number anywhere else because I want to reserve the ferries now.

You'll have to wait until the pass arrives.

You could have bought it at a DB ticket office and you'd have received it immediately...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

NO, as explained: its on the paper.

PLus that-other as many a newbee seems to be convinced of- no need at all to REServe now weeks ahead-thats only advisable if you have a car to take-which obviously passholders will not. MOst normal tickets are sold in port for next trip in a few hrs onward and only on a few very rare peakdays a ferry reaches its total capacity set by govmt and is then ´full´