Solved

How does the Eurostar check-In work?

• 25 July 2022
  • 4 replies

So I am planning my first ever trip with the Eurostar soon and it seems quite more complicated than other trains. I wanted to ask you all, what do I have to do when I arrive at the Eurostar station? (Bruxelles-Midi in my case). Do I just walk to the platform and everything I have to do will be there?

By the way, I have seen that I have to arrive very early at the station, I already have that planned.

Thanks for help :)

icon

Best answer by Al_G 25 July 2022, 19:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ja-du sollst da wenigstens 45 min oder so vor Abf sein.

Es gibt auch Passkontrolle-und fuer GB ist ein echter PASS nun notwendig-Perso ist nicht ausreichend! AUS EU (Belgen) und schon dort IN GB-damit mann Hoffnungslosen sogar nicht ins Insel hereinlasst.

Du musst gates=Sperren passieren, die oeffnen sich mit die bar/QR koden aufs ticket/fone.

Ob es auch nog Gepaeck/sicherheitskontr gibt (die wollen ja sehr gerne airport nachahnen) weiss ich so recht nicht mehr.

Also soll schon klar sein warum du su frueh da sein sollst.

DB-ICE hat zu wenig trainsets fuer diese Linie (muss mit 2 Stromstaerken fahren)-und deshalb wird sehr oft -noch im letzter Minute- Fahrten gesctrichen. das ist mann an sich in BRU gewohnt und versucht dann alle die Verspaeteten im naechste Zug herein zu kriegen-was im hi-season nicht immer gelingen wird.

The pro of all these checks before is that on arr there are no more-you can just leave and be in GB. IF you-probably-want to use the ´tube´ =U-bahn/underground: das geht schon seit einige Jahre mit dein Cred cd oder sogar einige (nicht alle) Bankpaesse-bloss die als medium zur In/Out check nutzen und dann im Nacht hernach wird die Totalpreis (je nach HVZ/nicht und welche Zonen und tageshöchstpreis) berechtnet und abgeschrieben. Das hat mann hier in DE noch gar nicht geschafft (IN ESpana und FInland und noch was schon doch).

Oder das Kings Cross station-mit die schnellzuge nach Scotland-ist nebenan-Strasse ueberqueren.

Euston ist etwa 15 min laufend west entfernt

Thanks very much!

I assume the gates and the luggage check will be at the platform?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks very much!

There are separate access points for Eurostar in all departure stations as security/customs/immigration are all done before boarding, the platform can only be accessed through this area, just like at an airport.

It is well signposted, just arrive in good time, shuffle along in the queues with everyone else and don’t be afraid to ask if you are unsure.

Thanks very much!

There are separate access for Eurostar in all departure stations as security/customs/immigration are all done before boarding, the platform can only be accessed through this area, just like at an airport.

It is well signposted, just arrive in good time, shuffle along in the queues with everyone else and don’t be afraid to ask if you are unsure.

Great thanks very much!