Solved

How much time do I need to get from Malpensa Aeroporto to Milano Centrale Station? What's the best way to go?

• 25 March 2023
  • 8 replies

How much time do I need to get from Malpensa Aeroporto to Milano Centrale Station? What's the best way to go? We are flying in at 1:50pm--we want to get to Como by the evening.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ralderton 25 March 2023, 18:31

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi.

There are direct trains Malpensa Airport to Milano Centrale station every 30 minutes. They are named Malpensa Express. Eurail/Interrail is not valid.

Other possibilities are bus or taxi.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Check timetables on www.trenitalia.com.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Where are you going in Como? You don’t necessarily need to go to Milan first for some destinations.

How much time would I need to allot to get to the train within the airport? And thanks!

Where are you going in Como? You don’t necessarily need to go to Milan first for some destinations.

Thank you! That’s perfect. Do you know how long it take to get from the airport to the train in the airport? 

And are reservations necessary or a good idea? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Reservations are not possible and it depends whether you need to clear passport controls or not.

As reservations are not possible, simply board the first connection you can find :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Be aware that for the first leg to Saronno, the Eurail pass (unfortunately) won't be valid. You will need to pay 8€ per person, it will be the same price on the day you travel so you could buy it directly at the airport