April/May we will travel through Europe.
One of the routes we are planning to do is Vilnius to Krakow. I’m figuring out how to book a seat reservation for this train. (for April 25 – connection: Depart 12.10 Vilnius (IC 143), 1 transfer in Mockova Arrival 23.39 in Krakow)
We do have a 2 month pass so remarks about taking a bus instead are not very relevant.(although for Talinn-Riga and Riga-Vilnius we will take the bus)
There is a daily connection leaving 12.10 and arriving 23.37 with 1 change in Mockava (LT). See seat61 whichs is trusthworthy and valuable info. https://www.seat61.com/trains-and-routes/warsaw-to-vilnius-by-train.htm
He also indicates tickets can be booked 30 days in advance. I checked the ltglink website and this is correct. (I found out when booking online a ticket for this train you cannot choose Interrail as a discount so I think a seat reservation through the Lithuanian website isn’t possible)
To check how to book I used several dates in the oncoming 4 weeks so I know how to when tickets are released.
But I can’t find out how to book.
1) According to the interrail plan your trip on the website (I know - which is not complete and very reliable) this route needs seat reservation for both connections V-M and M-K. (orange colored) Once you clicked I got this message: It looks like parts of this journey can’t be booked with us even though they require reservations. We suggest you search for alternative train connections. Try filtering your results by deselecting high-speed trains from the ‘train type’ filter above./ Seat reservations unavailable
It seems no price offer is available right now. It is possible that all pass holder seats are sold out. Please check 'More information' and try other ways to book this seat reservation, or buy a separate full fare ticket to board. You need to buy a seat reservation to board.
I checked all days oncoming month – so I don’t think the reason is sold out
2) Checking the alternative ways of making a reservation.
Website Polish railway -> won’t work online because of international connection I guess. The only discount option I got is for a child.
3) Website OBB – I only got the possibility to get a reservation for the section Warsow – Krakow(and this involves an extra chance in warsow to IC 5310 and thus arriving 30 minutes earlier in Krakow but I prefer to stay in the train and arriving at 23.39. For the complete journey with IC 143 I got the message “ a technical error occurred”
- Could somebody explain how to book this seat reservation online?
We will arrive in Vilnius on Sunday 23 in the afternoon so we can spend some time to go to the station (but rather spend the time in sightseeing Vilnius) and try to make a reservation but I’m worried if this train is fully booked.
- Does anyone have experience or validated info I can safely wait with seat reservation until we have arrive in Vilnius?
Thanks for you help
Best answer by rvdborgtView original