Solved

How to request a reservation refund on canceled train

• 12 August 2022
  • 3 replies

hi, 

yesterday my train was canceled from brussels to frankfurt,  i m not able to find a way to have a refund for seat reservation as I ve made it from the eurail website , do you know how to do it ?

and can I ask for a compensation as I was obliged to take 5 trains from brussels to frankfurt ?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 12 August 2022, 18:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is a question for Customer Support. Please use the form below to contact them.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Anyone can claim compensation due to delay of over >1 hr-and even more if it as >2 hr. BUT it all depends on type of pass what you get-if it is a long time continu pass probably nothing unless you gain more delays as this. Google ´delay on interrail´ and the page will show-also DO check the list on how much % it is.

The RES only cost 4,50-the best way to get any (if they like you) COmp is to go IN a DB Reisecenter, show+explain (there will always be someone who can understand basic /en/)- and maybe they will give you a voucher-often for 5€. can spend in Rest.car or for a new RES to be made on a DB train.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I am to hear of your train cancellation! Our customer service team will be happy to request a refund on your behalf from the relevant booking company. You can submit a request using the link shared by AnnaB above. Please ensure to include your reservation number, any proof of cancellation would also be immensely helpful.