Solved

I was charged for seat/ night train reservations but never received them

Hi, my credit card was recently charged for three reservations which I never received (neither via email nor do they appear in the account of my ordered bookings). However, I wrote to their customer service address, but time passes by and I do not get a notice from Eurail. In my eyes, this is complete lack of professionality and actually a bit a fraud behavior. What is your experience with similar issues?

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 21 July 2022, 09:38

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, did you get in touch to the costumer service with the bot on the website or via this link?

Submit a request – Eurail Knowledge Base

Here you can check also the request that you have made. 

Userlevel 1

Hi!

I had a similar experience (in my case there was a technical problem with Italian trains), then I filled out a form and they told me that the refund was issued and I had to wait a few day for the bank to process it

I used the customer service Form - no reaction. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Ulrich Van Loyen you will have to wait, but they will come back to you. 

@Marion are there technical problems with the reservation tool? 

Same issue here!

I booked three reservations last Saturday, still haven’t received them.

I asked for help via e-mail but still haven’t got an answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@MP21 wich email adress? I don’t know that you can get in touch via email with Interrail/Eurail. Only via Bot on the website or this form:

@MP21 wich email adress? I don’t know that you can get in touch via email with Interrail/Eurail. Only via Bot on the website or this form:

customerservice@interrail.eu I got an automatic reply which said they have a lot of questions so it might take time to get an answer.

I got the same automatic response even with the chatbot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Claudi.Moll 

Can you please check what is happening with the reservation tool?

Please also provide guidance to the persons who haven't received their tickets.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Claudi.Moll

Can you please check what is happening with the reservation tool?

Please also provide guidance to the persons who haven't received their tickets.

Thanks for flagging this! This is correct, there was a massive systems failure with Trenitalia's booking system which sadly affected many of our Interrailers. For most travelers this means that the reservation was paid for but not correctly processed. Affected travelers should have been automatically refunded by now and they can go ahead and re-book the journey. Our customer service team is truly doing their best to help everyone else as soon as possible :) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I am so sorry to hear of this. We did recently experience a systems failure with reservations. If you haven't been refunded yet, please reach out to us either via email (customerservice@interrail.eu or customerservice@eurail.com) or on social media (@Interrail or @Eurail) you can also submit a request on our website for help :) 

Hi, I already did, via email and via Eurail platform. Unfortunately no answer until today, despite I gave all contact details. 

And no refunding either.