Solved

IC Kopenhagen - Hamburg reservation mandatory? Conflicting information

• 13 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Is the reservation for the IC from Kopenhagen to Hamburg on June 23d at 23:54 mandatory? The interrail app says no, the Deutsche Bahn app says yes for the journey from Padborg to Flensburg. And if yes - where can I geht the reservation? The Deutsche Bahn app tells me everytime that an error occurred.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by seewulf 13 June 2022, 22:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can get it here https://travel.b-europe.com/dsb-rail/en/reservation-only#TravelWish

according my knowledge these trains are from 26th June reservation compulsory as usually in the summer season.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I think that this overNIGHT must always be REServed-for rather obvious reasons. Its often heavily oversubscribed as its not very long.

You can do the trip overnite but with changes and fairly long waits at either Frederica (fre-retsj) or Padborg-UNreserved as such. But this date is start of general Scandin free for all go on holiday after drunk too much on Midsommerafton. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think that this overNIGHT must always be REServed-for rather obvious reasons. Its often heavily oversubscribed as its not very long.

You can do the trip overnite but with changes and fairly long waits at either Frederica (fre-retsj) or Padborg-UNreserved as such. But this date is start of general Scandin free for all go on holiday after drunk too much on Midsommerafton. 

During the summer there is usually mandatory reservation on all trains between Denmark to Germany. Other times of the year reservation is optional.